Bible College

A guy I know went to Bible College and wanted to open his own church. He realized it was a lot harder than he anticipated and now works in a call center.

GF also tells me it's a 3:1 Girl Guy ratio at her school. And there are always students that end up "rebelling"

my buddy is going to a Christian college in Lakeland...and hes going on a "humanitarian" trip to Jordan this march

told him to avoid being beheaded

probably didnt answer your question but oh well

Love how you put humanitarian in quotes like it's not humanitarian.

Reality is he's probably going there to legitimately help people while you lead a selfish and hedonistic life and post on sherdog. Good job champ.

i know a few that have gone. from their stories, as well as a few of those individuals themselves, it seems that bible college is filled with Jon Jonesesque fake types.

i know 3 ppl off the top of my head who went to Biola. one is an alcoholic whore, one used to be a pastor but got so disillusioned with church that he doesn't even attend, and another is your typical holier-than-thou Christian. all three of them partied in college and hated their school for discouraging free thinking and trying to indoctrinate students with whatever agenda that school had. so yea, i hear that school sucks.

Reality is he's probably going there to legitimately help people while you lead a selfish and hedonistic life and post on sherdog. Good job champ.

I'm all about helping people, but fuck Jordan.

no..he already told me its a missionary trip ...but due to the threats of violence against christians and christian missionarys... it has to be disguised as a humanitarian trip

boom. exposed.

My parents live by a Bible College / Seminary and that school has approx 200 students with the nicest facilities and the most attractive women I have seen. The coffee shop near by is constantly packed with gorgeous women discussing religion. They are also very nice and polite.

The dudes seem like pompous jack asses.

Not sure if any of you are into people watching - but if you're a non religious / agnostic / atheists that coffee shop in one of the best spots to observe an oddity. Gorgeous women in yoga pants (and they are all fit for some reason) discussing religious values.

my buddy is going to a Christian college in Lakeland...and hes going on a "humanitarian" trip to Jordan this march

told him to avoid being beheaded

probably didnt answer your question but oh well

Southeastern? I went there for a year back in 09. Its a weird atmosphere what with having to go to chapel every other day(school mandated) and having classes dedicated to studying the bible. You got fined if your dorm wasn't cleaned. I didn't enjoy it.

But to answer the question the big universities are different than the bible colleges. Bible colleges are mainly for people who want to go into seminary afterwards. A friend of mine went to a bible college in Alabama and is now a youth minister. The bigger universities are just regular schools with religion thrown in.

Southeastern? I went there for a year back in 09. Its a weird atmosphere what with having to go to chapel every other day(school mandated) and having classes dedicated to studying the bible. You got fined if your dorm wasn't cleaned. I didn't enjoy it.

But to answer the question the big universities are different than the bible colleges. Bible colleges are mainly for people who want to go into seminary afterwards. A friend of mine went to a bible college in Alabama and is now a youth minister. The bigger universities are just regular schools with religion thrown in.

yeah i think thats it... the school name is the Fire, which i thoroughly enjoy... someone has a sense of humor there

yeah i think thats it... the school name is the Fire, which i thoroughly enjoy... someone has a sense of humor there

Yeah SEU, their baseball team is one of the best. But they're apart of some unknown association like the NAICAA or something. Pretty campus but it's just got a weird vibe. Honestly that weird feeling you get when you're in those nice churches and know you can't touch anything there

no..he already told me its a missionary trip ...but due to the threats of violence against christians and christian missionarys... it has to be disguised as a humanitarian trip

boom. exposed.

Overseas missionary work is typically coupled with humanitarian work. You go and dig wells, build shelters n such and spread the word while doing so.

Now that's a crazy bitch right there. . .

Dat short hair though

My parents live by a Bible College / Seminary and that school has approx 200 students with the nicest facilities and the most attractive women I have seen. The coffee shop near by is constantly packed with gorgeous women discussing religion. They are also very nice and polite.

The dudes seem like pompous jack asses.

Not sure if any of you are into people watching - but if you're a non religious / agnostic / atheists that coffee shop in one of the best spots to observe an oddity. Gorgeous women in yoga pants (and they are all fit for some reason) discussing religious values.

Your parents live at the beach in NW Oregon? This post is pretty familiar

I once saw a transcript from somebody getting out of seminary. His degree was "Master of Divinity". I think it might almost be worth going through all that if you get to carry that title around.

I'm not particularly hip with Christianity, but I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to go to a Bible College? Is it like an endless book report, or do they actually offer you courses that apply you with skills that can get you a real job? Sorry if this seems ignorant, i'm genuinely curious about what people who go to bible colleges get out of it.

There are definitely different kinds of Bible Colleges. I actually went to one when after I graduated to get my life in order (drugs, alcohol, ect). When I showed up, I hadn't had a tone of exposure to Christianity, and I ended up walking away rather committed in continuing my theological/philosophical educated.

Some schools seem more like church camp; it's really all about structures to make you a good boy or girl with lots of time to read your bible and pray. Mine was more about teaching young people how to read the bible (context and stuff) and then think about the world Christianly and critically. It was a bit conservative for my taste now, but no one told me I needed to believe the earth was 10,000 years old or something.

But yeah, we did 6 hours of lecture a day and it transferred to an accredited school where I completed a dual BA, and then went on to a MA. Worked well for me, but more bible schools aren't as helpful with accreditation and shit.

Back