Bible College

Pontigoose

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm not particularly hip with Christianity, but I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to go to a Bible College? Is it like an endless book report, or do they actually offer you courses that apply you with skills that can get you a real job? Sorry if this seems ignorant, i'm genuinely curious about what people who go to bible colleges get out of it.

Uh I'd imagine it's for people who are going to be pastors or ministers or whatever. I don't think you go to bible school to be an accountant.

my buddy is going to a Christian college in Lakeland...and hes going on a "humanitarian" trip to Jordan this march

told him to avoid being beheaded

probably didnt answer your question but oh well

I have no idea.

If your looking for a career in the ministry pastor, deacon, preacher, I would think bible college would be the place to be? But I'm a heathen so what do I know???

Are you talking about schools where people who are interested in minitry and what not go, or are you talking about just religious universities in general?

My cousin goes to Abilene Christian University and it seems like a fairly normal college.

Most Christian universities offer degrees in the same programs you get at a state school, and the pedigree is often better because it's a private school. You're still required to take a handful of theology credits though.

For a career in full time ministry, you have to go to seminary which is like Christian grad school.

People go because:

1. It's the only school parent/grand parent will pay for

2. They want to learn more about their Faith

3. It's a solid private school and they're willing to suck it up, keep their mouth shut and treat the theology credits like a fictional literature class in order to get their degree.

4. They're afraid of life in the real world and secular schools/ideas.

Christian schools vary. Some offer your normal college courses along with biblical education. Others offer purely offer ministry classes.

Christian universities and bible college are different things.

Christian universities i bet have class A vagina, but i bet they are class A psycho

Uh I'd imagine it's for people who are going to be pastors or ministers or whatever. I don't think you go to bible school to be an accountant.

Seminary, which is more a graduate school, is for this. Most seminaries don't care what your undergraduate degree is in, as long as you have at least a BA/BS. A lot of the master programs are for people who people who want to work in church leadership (pastors, youth pastors, church planters, ect)

Protestant Bible College is a wanna be Catholic Seminary School. Priests leave Seminary School with 2 legit masters degrees.

There was a bible college right down the road from the university i was attending. I think it was about the size of a gas station and 1 building. But yeah, there's a pretty big difference between a bible college v. a collge/uni w/ religious affiliations (many of which are LA schools)

I had a friend who went to bible college. He has his own church now.

Pastors need to be educated in a lot of things. Running a church is like running a business, so he needs that business and management knowledge, plus pastors have to provide marriage counseling and sometimes other types of counseling as well so I'm sure part of their schooling deals with that.

Then a lot of the bible's meanings have been lost in translation, so he would spend a lot of time learning other languages, I think it was greek and something else, hebrew maybe? So he could read older versions of the bible in their original language and get more context from it.

The girls who went to that college basically just went to find a husband. The ones that were too ugly to find a husband could become teachers.

what are you hip to then?

Christian universities i bet have class A vagina, but i bet they are class A psycho

The chicks are nomral but they often have funny rules in the dorms that aren't enforced like the "No penetration rule."

Girlfriend goes to a Christian college because that's the only way her Pastor Father would let her go to school abroad (She's from Asia).

It seems like a pretty regular college except:
*It's really small
*They force you to go to Church/Chapel
*They have rules about male/female fraternization
*The campus is completely dry

Back