Biased commentary?

It was just Joe Rogan sounding like he never watched any of Maia's past fights, and acting surprised when she showed any type of technique that surpassed the skill of a "white belt". It was embarrassing to listen to, and insulting to Maia.

Joe was awful tonight, after a few months of the other guys in the booth it really brought out how bad Rogan is compared to guys like Felder and Bisping.

Insane bias for most fights tonight where as the OP said crickets when one person lands and then the loud obnoxious "Aaaauuuuugggh" when the opponent lands a mediocre strike.

The Maia fight was probably the worst, I think it was round 4 when Valentina landed a clean spinning kick to the stomach of Maia and sent her flying back to the cage... absolute crickets.

Same with the Perry fight where for some reason him and DC made it seem like Perry looked good against Gall and brought it up a few times about how he improved? Maybe my memory is fuzzy but didn't everyone on here and everywhere else commented about how the F is Perry being out struck by a terrible striker in Mickey Gall?

I felt bad for Anik because he was way more neutral and would use the numbers and bring up how Means landed a four punch combo cleanly only for Rogan to dismiss it and do his AUuuuuuuuuuugggh because Perry looped 5 punches that completely whiffed with only one slightly grazing Means.

Terrible night for Rogan, he needs to retire ASAP.

I think it’s a requirement to ooohhhh and aaaahhh. At anything thrown with power that misses.
I do like bisoing announcing, Felder is ok. I still like rogan but he’s becoming just way to over the top. As is dc.

I didn’t watch the women’s fight yet. But I’m curious about the commentary more than the fight.

Valentina lands 3 punches, spinning back kick

.......*cricket*

Maia clings on for dear life

"Oh look at this! Maia has a clinch early!"
Chael agrees.

I think Rogan should retire. He's already admitted to being burned out. But him on the same bus as Anderson.

It’s their job to tell a story. They are trying to make the fights more exciting by milking the drama. They do it with every fight

There is zero drama between the fighters
And no, it isn't their job to sell 'drama'
They are fight commentators, hence they comment on what is

Avoiding every shot landed by Valentina and gushing about Maia's attacks does not make the fight more exciting. Did you even watch the fight, or even read the original post?
Dafuq

DC atleast said "was it really close though?" during the later rounds.

Joe Rogan is like becoming a parody of himself. It really feels like 90% OOOOOOHHHH and HE'S HURT nowadays.

There is zero drama between the fighters
And no, it isn't their job to sell 'drama'
They are fight commentators, hence they comment on what is

Avoiding every shot landed by Valentina and gushing about Maia's attacks does not make the fight more exciting. Did you even watch the fight, or even read the original post?
Dafuq

Yea, I watched the fight and read the post.

Rogan has literally said a dozens times on JRE that his Job is to tell the ‘story’ of the fight.

The fight is the drama. Every fight has a story. In this fight the story was that Maia was doing far better than expected.

Rogan has completly smoked away his already pretty small brain. Where is the news?
The UFC should really remove him. He doesnt add anything really valuable to the commentary anyway, except maybe his name value.
Constantly calling moves wrong, hyping up underdogs and blatant biased commentary.

DC atleast said "was it really close though?" during the later rounds.

Joe Rogan is like becoming a parody of himself. It really feels like 90% OOOOOOHHHH and HE'S HURT nowadays.

Exactly
The dude exaggerates everything...
Maia barely landed a right hand and you'd think valentina had her eyes rolled back

I think it kind of balances itself out while watching. You can tell Maia is losing, so they point out good things the loser is able to do. They even mentioned a few times towards the end that the fight wasnt really hard for Valentina. Just a few moments where the other fight looked good.

I think it kind of balances itself out while watching. You can tell Maia is losing, so they point out good things the loser is able to do. They even mentioned a few times towards the end that the fight wasnt really hard for Valentina. Just a few moments where the other fight looked good.

Yeah but that isn’t the job.

I feel like this is a side effect of the “participation trophy” mentality in modern society.

In real life there are losers.

It isn’t the commentators job to convince you the loser is doing well any more than it is a referees job to give calls in favor of a losing soccer team to keep the game close, yet both of those patterns play out frequently in today’s world.

Maia got handled. Schevchenko handled her with ease. 49-46 is not a close fight. No reason to play make believe and call the fight as though it was competitive or worse call it as though the loser is the star of the show.

There trying to make you perceive that the fight is competitive and keep your interest... But, in reality you have a dominant champ outclassing a challenger who really shouldn’t be in a title bout, but because it’s a weak division she is and Valentina is that good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back