Biased commentary?

It's the commentary's job to try and make things more exciting. So if any casual is watching he'd think that Maia actually had a chance and the fighy could go either way at any moment.

THey always do the same when some dominant champ fights.

Still remember Rogan going full retard when he got touched by MJ and Dustin Poirier.

or when they were going ham over Felicia Spencer even though she was being used as a punching bag vs Cyborg

We should start a thread. I still think also/morales might have been joe's worst. Aldi gets hit clean by 4 punches, joe: yea, but look at the way he eats them!

I'd watch with mute on, but i want to hear the sounds of the arena and the corners.

Sort of like corporate media in general.
Hard not to get sucked in but hating Joe Rohan for doing his lame ass job is only partially his fault, at some point you ha e to start looking higher up the totem pole or you risk being a complete fool

He was clearly ultra baked at the start of the preliminaries.

No question they're getting fed lines and narratives in the ear pieces.

Commentary didn't sound off to me, the challenger doing stuff that wasn't expected is more noteworthy than the champ doing stuff that was.

I thought the Perry/Means fight was the worst. Was hanging on Perrys nuts the whole fight.

Hard not to get sucked in but hating Joe Rohan for doing his lame ass job is only partially his fault, at some point you ha e to start looking higher up the totem pole or you risk being a complete fool

They are trying to build the narrative that Maia actually had a chance.. Giving people a reason to wtach.

Valentina lands 3 punches, spinning back kick

.......*cricket*

Maia clings on for dear life

"Oh look at this! Maia has a clinch early!"

It’s their job to tell a story. They are trying to make the fights more exciting by milking the drama. They do it with every fight

The problem is the commentary is based on keeping the casual fan engaged in the fight. Hardcore fans are going to watch regardless, so I don't think they care much about their desires for unbiased commentary. I don't see this changing, and if anything, it will get more extreme.

I found myself ignoring the commentary because it was putting me off what was happening in the fight. I don't ever recallme actively thinking that before. I blame Rogan the bald headed pot head.

Joe is like the richest or second richest guy in the room he can say and do what he wants. He has made more mma fans than most champions.

Rogan just looks for chances for something extraordinary to happen. Rest is waste of his time.
He really should only be calling the biggest and best of fights. I like his work generally but seems a bit uninterested at the moment.

My girlfriend was watching the fight with me, she's like whats wrong with the commentators, valentina is beating the shit out if the other girl

As others have said, Rogan does this a lot when a big underdog doesn't get obliterated. Khabib/Iaquinta and Cyborg/Spencer are the two that spring immediately to mind.

I fell asleep just before the Co - main, but the commentary was fucking garbage all night, especially the Mike Perry and chick fight prior. Perry was getting pieced up on the feet by Tim, yet everytime Perry swang they would go OOOHHH, and when Tim connects clean nothing. Same in the chick fight, where she dominated the fight with the jab and movement, the other girl would barley touch her with the straight right and again Joe would be OOOH OOOH it up. They need a high level striker alongside them, as Dan and Joe don't know shit about striking.

Golberg was great overall. I don't know why the UFC got rid of him. Really missed his "AND IT IS ALL OVER!"
Goldberg was criminally underrated.

it takes 2-3 guys to do his job and they fall short imo.

I remember a random ufc documentary style video (it wasn’t embedded but similar type idea of pre fight film) and it showed Goldie cutting promos and researching, meeting with every single fight team on fight week, talking to everyone he could do he had talking points on the broadcast.

Goldie worked hard and took his job very seriously. I respect that and I don’t feel like any of the current crew matches his dedication to the craft.

Reactions: lsa
Back