Biased commentary in favor of Ortega

Ortega is the Guy WME Hollywood execs want to be champion so bad. Has the looks and covers all the Latin market bases. Halle Berry, part owner, loves him. Has the Modelo sponsorship etc. they have over marketed this kid since the Holloway fight

Personally? I am always happy to see the UFC favorite get upset. Especially by a guy who gets no love from the fans or the org.

Last edited:
You already said that. Shut up and let others chime in
Why does the opinion of a stranger get you so upset? You seem very sensitive and I'm sure your reply will be one of a level headed human being. You are a shertard after all.

I don’t think they were that biased. You said they made it sound like Ortega won rounds but in fact they stated multiple times that he was down

Yea but they were making it sound way closer than it was. Like it was some back and forth dogfight. Truth be told Volk dominated most of the fight

UFC: Pushes Ortega to the moon via commentary
Also UFC: Volk deserves respect

If there’s one thing that is guaranteed is that people will bitch about commentators after a card. Do people really think they had a meeting before the fight where they were told we really want Ortega to win, so please bias the commentary for him……

If there’s one thing that is guaranteed is that people will bitch about commentators after a card. Do people really think they had a meeting before the fight where they were told we really want Ortega to win, so please bias the commentary for him……
For Adesanya vs Blachowitz that seems like a real possibility

Why does the opinion of a stranger get you so upset? You seem very sensitive and I'm sure your reply will be one of a level headed human being. You are a shertard after all.
Yeah buddy whatever. I think if you bothered to follow the thread you’ll see it was him getting triggered first by my opinion after I set him straight. My quote you took was basically me flipping what he said.

Can the ufc commentators please try to be a little more subtle in their bias for certain fighters?

look, I get it… it’s a business and they need to make money

but even as a Ortega fan boy, I couldn’t help but cringe at the beginning of the fight how they kept playing up Ortega’s actions early in the fight when his actions were minimal. Volk would throw a big shot and barely get any reaction and Ortega would throw a small jab or a kick and they would play it up.

It wasn’t until Volk started dominating that they had no choice but to quiet their positive commentary towards Ortega…. And instead of talking about how effective Ortega’s punches and kicks were they started talking about how tough he is and how much heart he has.

Just be slightly more subtle so we can enjoy the fights without noticing these things.
Tey do that all the time hyping someone that's getting their ass beat.
This whole "Their so tough" thing is silly when someone who put in the work and is winning is barely getting the recognition for that by the commentators

Do people really think they had a meeting before the fight where they were told we really want Ortega to win, so please bias the commentary for him……
Is that a preposterous notion? They obviously have certain overt themes they are supposed to push during events, such as particular fighters, records, comebacks, life struggles, etc. What would be so strange about encouraging the commentators to 'subtly' promote certain fighters? It wouldn't help them win, but if they happened to win they would look even better.

Is that a preposterous notion? They obviously have certain overt themes they are supposed to push during events, such as particular fighters, records, comebacks, life struggles, etc. What would be so strange about encouraging the commentators to 'subtly' promote certain fighters? It wouldn't help them win, but if they happened to win they would look even better.
They are fighters themselves.

They are also professionals. They aren’t being told to favor a fighter because “we” want them to win. Everyone has a bias when they watch a fight and I’m sure self interest comes into play, and sometimes there’s an obvious storyline.

Personally i find boxing commentary to generally be a lot more biased, in part because the promoter and network has so much more invested in individual fighters.

It was clearly biased, not as much as with the holloway fights (the first one especially) but I think that they either have a problem with volkanovski or a preference towards american fighters.Or maybe a preference towards more marketable fighters (like Izzy)

Get Brian Stann back then. He was the only great commentator.

DC, Cruz, Felder, Hogan are all terrible. Anik has improved a ton he doesnt do the "analysis" those buffoons do but outside of his weird random facts hes good
Brian Stann was awesome

I thought it to be less biased than the commentary for Nick Diaz. Ortega at least appeared to be there with the intent of winning the fight.

Anik is the only good commentator imo.

DC is a shill and ass kissing yes man. Clearly lacks professionalism and tries to cover it up acting like a lovable doofus.
Bisping and Felder are cheap imitations of DC (i guess they saw his path to success and tried to copy it?), they basically do the same thing but have less credentials as fighters.
Rogan brain is fried. His contributions to the UFC should be remembered but now he needs to go.
Cruz actually doesn't bother me too much but I think he is such a weirdo and arrogant guy that he doesn't get along with the bosses as well as DC/Bisping/Felder so isn't given as much work.
The european commentators are quite good!

Man just rewatching this fight... the first round is horrendous. Only calling Ortega's hits really, even giving him props when his jab gets slipped & Volk lands clean at the same time & snaps his head back it's "Great jab by Ortega"

Back