Biased commentary in favor of Ortega

Yeah I totally noticed that, it was super weird. Ortega would land a light leg kick and they would all OOH then Volk would land one twice as hard and crickets. Volk did a lot of absolutely beautiful things technique wise tonight and there was absolutely no narrative about it. It was to such a ridiculous degree that people actually thought Ortega won lol

Thank you for your honest opinion… I guess I wasn’t the only one to notice it.

Well there comes a time in every one sided beat down where the commentators have to accentuate the virtues of the can and exaggerate their attempts to mount an effective offense or the view count drops as quickly as the audiences enthusiasm. They're doing their job at the end the day

Bit weird when DC was going on about Ortega's hair right at the start, other than that I thought the commentary was fine (as a card carrying Volk fanboy)

Well there comes a time in every one sided beat down where the commentators have to accentuate the virtues of the can and exaggerate their attempts to mount an effective offense or the view count drops as quickly as the audiences enthusiasm. They're doing their job at the end the day

I would agree with you but the bias started before the beat down. I’m not blaming the UFC for protecting their product, I’m just asking for the off chance that an employee or someone higher up reads this… just make it a bit more subtle.

I noticed it. I had a little money on Volk so I was watching him for the most part and his shots. He would land shots they wouldn't say much but Ortega would land a jab and kept talking about how good it was. Had me not believing my eyes and thinking Ortega was doing more damage till round 3.

Sometimes it helps the Current champ if people praise the challenger, Bigger the threat the harder the fall right?

I would agree with you but the bias started before the beat down. I’m not blaming the UFC for protecting their product, I’m just asking for the off chance that an employee or someone higher up reads this… just make it a bit more subtle.
I noticed it. I had a little money on Volk so I was watching him for the most part and his shots. He would land shots they wouldn't say much but Ortega would land a jab and kept talking about how good it was. Had me not believing my eyes and thinking Ortega was doing more damage till round 3.

These can all be true and coexist for a few reasons. I hate seeing fights with paul Felder because he clearly gets out classed but the whole commentary team is gargling his balls. At the beginning of volk Ortega though I think they were emphasizing that a good shot or counter from ortega could flatline volk, as hes done in the past with champ level opponents

Especially DC needs to be removed, his open bias towards brothers and braddas is extremely annoying and no commentator should be that biased!

Sometimes it helps the Current champ if people praise the challenger, Bigger the threat the harder the fall right?

That’s within the realm of possibility but I don’t see why they would need to prop up the challenger to add credibility to the Champ. A more likely possibility is they just want to market the fighters who draw more interest…. Which is totally understandable… just not when it interferes with people’s ability to enjoy the product.

Especially DC needs to be removed, his open bias towards brothers and braddas is extremely annoying and no commentator should be that biased!

Perfect. Glad I’m not the only one that noticed it too. I’m okay with it though because people hate on the brothers too much…. They deserve more respect.. a lot of them come to just bang bro

<{JustBleed}>

I mean it did tend to be biased but wasn't remotely as biased as Bisping's call of Holloway Volk 2, guy was acting like Holloway dominated 5 rounds, barely said anything positive about Volk until the 5th and even then was still acting like Volk wasn't even remotely in the fight.

Get Brian Stann back then. He was the only great commentator.

DC, Cruz, Felder, Hogan are all terrible. Anik has improved a ton he doesnt do the "analysis" those buffoons do but outside of his weird random facts hes good
Both these fighters are in a custody battle INVOLVING THEIR CHILDREN!

Did not watch this fight alone, so, did not get to hear what you heard

Both these fighters are in a custody battle INVOLVING THEIR CHILDREN!

Yea, there are four fighters listed and you said "Both"...who is in a custody battle bro? Let me know, legit don't know and not going to Google all four of them lol

Did not watch this fight alone, so, did not get to hear what you heard

wasn’t anything special just a tad bit annoying when you’re trying to enjoy the product you paid for already

imagine rogan just ooing and Awing over nothing

there… you know what happened in round 1 and 2 except it was dc and anik doing the ooing and awing

That’s within the realm of possibility but I don’t see why they would need to prop up the challenger to add credibility to the Champ. A more likely possibility is they just want to market the fighters who draw more interest…. Which is totally understandable… just not when it interferes with people’s ability to enjoy the product.
I get that, but both fighters are marketable in their own right. Volk has the whole oceania fan base and Ortega has the west coast. Its still a win win for UFC who ever wins.

I get that, but both fighters are marketable in their own right. Volk has the whole oceania fan base and Ortega has the west coast. Its still a win win for UFC who ever wins.

no way. Ortega is way more marketable as a fighter…. Even as a mediocre fighter he was rolling in sponsorship opportunities… it’s not even close.

Back