Bhop v Calzaghe- BS of a decision

Hopkins didn't fake getting hit by a low blow, but he sure as hell faked the effect of it on him, and milked as much time as he possibly could.

I was going for Hopkins, but it was quite a bitch move for this self proclaimed hard as nails prison guy to fake it because he was tired, and then try to do it again a couple rounds later.

l_a051cc4d7542d9162525125bc7041f4c.gif

Prison raped infront of millions right there. That is beautiful.

How come nobody has mentioned that Bernard blatantly hit Joe low at least 5 or so times when Cortez was on the other side of the fighters?

I think everyone who has ever trained in fighting has gotten hit in the junk, and that was clearly an acting job. He tried the same thing again several minutes later too. Hopkins, as usual, was incredibly classless in defeat, which made it even sweeter to hear Kellerman pestering him about how Calzaghe landed more shots on him than anyone he has ever faced before.

Hopkins was a dirty, spoiling fighter and deservedly lost the fight on that merit alone

He held, headbutted on nearly every break and towards the end of the fight kept trying to flick Calzaghe in the nut sack when in close.

He spent half the fight walking backwards and as mentioned before was utterly classless in defeat..

I cant belive someone started this thread. I cant see any way in which B-Hop made any effort to win rounds. even tough B-Hop hit harder shots, JC out scored him in almost every round except, maybe, the 9th.The shots that B-Hop hit JC with were NOT that much more devastating than the ones JC was throwing, except JC was landing TWICE as much and was controlling the ring, the tempo and the fight .

Adelaide Byrd's card was BS. Decision was correct imo.
Calzaghe was busier and landed more.

From Yahoo Sports:

Calzaghe had to listen to months of taunts and then wrestled as much as he boxed Saturday. Clearly, he was feeling good about what had happened. And so he couldn

close fight......Joes punches seemed very week.....Joe won but not by much.

For starters, Hopkins should have been forced to pull his giant leather chastity belt that completely covered his midsection down. This is a huge reason I dont take boxing(the profressional sport, not the science) seriously.

It covers the vital targets of a body shot. They dont wear that rediculous thing in Kickboxing or MMA.

Hopkins was only wearing it that high because he was facing a European fighter and European fighters are body punchers.

So already, Joe's best chance at finishing the fight was taken away from him and he still won.

Second, for the retard defending the tippy tap punch with a massive padded glove to the cup of hopkins: go cry in your basement.

That was a cheap, dishonoable acting job period.

In Krav Maga during both our MMA sparring sessions and standup sessions we are allowed to kick to the groin. I get hit far harder by kicks to the cup than any shot Joe threw in that entire fight. Some of them hurt, but never once have I fallen to the ground holding myself and crying like Hopkins did.

Boxers are the most pampered of the big 3 combat sports. Cortez should have told him to stand up and be a man.

Just so you know i guys, im a Krav Maga master, its so effective i cant even get in a fight because my hands are lethal weapons, tomorrow my master is going to show a super secret death move that would kill mike tyson and GSP if they tried to fight me together.

Joe didnt hurt Hopkins more then twice in the entire fight.

Hopkins got the better punches in, dazed and hurt him more. knocked him down and looked untouched at the end of the fight.

I think Hopkins won, but fight is over.
Joe should give him a rematch at least.

From Yahoo Sports:

If a white fighter (MMA or boxing) said there is no way he will ever lose to a black man, do you think the white fighter would have been in a lot of hot water in the media and lost sponsors?
yes indeed. the media would have ran wild with it plus Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would have gotten involved

Right decision in my opinion, and I was rooting for Hopkins. I had it scored 115-113 for Joe, but I can see it being wider than that depending on what you're awarding points for.

I have to agree that Hopkins landed 4 of the 5 best punches of the night. And that Hopkins face was unmarked whereas Calzaghe did get his nose cut in the first round.

Unfortunately for Bernard, the ten point must system doesn't make that the criteria for winning the fight.

Manny Stewart was bang on with his comments and scoring in my (not so) humble opinion. :D

I had first half of the fight for Hopkins. He was using his ring dexterity. Giving him angles, clinching, countering effectively. But he lost steam on the second half and Joe Cal picked it up. I saw Joe Cal throwing a lot in the second half, but not a lot of that stuff landed. But if you don't retaliate from an onslaught, you lose the rounds. I hate to say this, but B-Hop most likely took the low-blow breaks because he needed a second wind. I was pulling for the old lion. But even though he lost, the old lion still had a lot left in his tank.

Back