Beyond Skyrim: Bruma

GtehMVP

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I've followed this mod for quite a while, comes out in a couple of weeks, looks incredible!

A good overview for what's to come.

Last edited:
So a mod is going to be the equivalent of a game that took hundreds of PAID people working 10 HOURS a DAY for YEARS to make? Yep. Meanwhile Mr Roberts has pissed away 150 million $ to make a 1$ million demo.

It looks great, Skyrim is so much better with mods. Just seeing "Bruma" in the title makes me want to go play Oblivion.

Last edited:
Skyrim was a slog for me, and I put probably at least 1000 hours into Oblivion. Skyrim felt so half assed, and was made so much better with mods.

Skyrim honestly sucks compared to Oblivion.
You are correct my brother.

Oblivion blows skyrim out of the water. Honestly The Witcher 3 was such a better game than Skyrim also (skyrim just had more to do). SKyrim is probably the most overrated game of all time. I'm not saying its wasn't great, but it sure as hell isn't better than Oblivion.

I couldn't stand Oblivion, game was jankey as shit. Loved Skyrim though.

What makes Oblivion better?

I played Skyrim first and loved it but couldn't get into Oblivion. Didn't make it very far because the voice acting and dialogue was so magoo compared to the sarcasm and trash talk in Skyrim. What did I miss?

I played Skyrim first and loved it but couldn't get into Oblivion. Didn't make it very far because the voice acting and dialogue was so magoo compared to the sarcasm and trash talk in Skyrim. What did I miss?

The god damn side quests. Both games have pretty horrible main quests imo, but Oblivion had great side quests, way better thieves guild / dark brotherhood and side quests in general, like that painting thing for example. The crazy paranoid guy who wants you to spy on others. Also the gang of female thieves blackmailing married men.. Good stuff. Cant really say I liked Skyrim's quests at all

Also the areas and the world was more "comfy" in my opinion. Damn I wanted to live in Anvil as a kid. I found the nature and the towns way more fun in Oblivion

General feeling was so much better in Oblivion imo. But that's just my opinion. Cant wait for the Skyoblivion mod!

The god damn side quests. Both games have pretty horrible main quests imo, but Oblivion had great side quests, way better thieves guild / dark brotherhood and side quests in general, like that painting thing for example. The crazy paranoid guy who wants you to spy on others. Also the gang of female thieves blackmailing married men.. Good stuff. Cant really say I liked Skyrim's quests at all

Also the areas and the world was more "comfy" in my opinion. Damn I wanted to live in Anvil as a kid. I found the nature and the towns way more fun in Oblivion

General feeling was so much better in Oblivion imo. But that's just my opinion. Cant wait for the Skyoblivion mod!
I love debating as to why Oblivion was just so much better than Skyrim.

-far better/interesting side quests
-far better main quest
-better diversity of enemies (skyrim has like 4 enemies (draugar, bandits, wildlife, and spiders)
-Much better fantasy and fablelike feel (vibrant colors all around and beautiful cities) than skyrim which was bland and dull
-Shivering Isles was one of the best dlcs of all time
-The guilds of oblivion blow skyrims out of the water

Overall the only thing skyrim had was betteer graphics (which is expected since its 5 years after Oblivion), but beyond graphics Oblivion destroys skyrim in literally every aspect.

I love debating as to why Oblivion was just so much better than Skyrim.

-far better/interesting side quests
-far better main quest
-better diversity of enemies (skyrim has like 4 enemies (draugar, bandits, wildlife, and spiders)
-Much better fantasy and fablelike feel (vibrant colors all around and beautiful cities) than skyrim which was bland and dull
-Shivering Isles was one of the best dlcs of all time
-The guilds of oblivion blow skyrims out of the water

Overall the only thing skyrim had was betteer graphics (which is expected since its 5 years after Oblivion), but beyond graphics Oblivion destroys skyrim in literally every aspect.

Shivering isles is fantastic. Sadly I havent been very impressed with the other DLC's after that by Bethesda... I liked The Pitt dlc in Fallout 3, although otherwise I liked New Vegas way more than Fallout 3. But Shivering Isles man... That was great.

Shivering isles is fantastic. Sadly I havent been very impressed with the other DLC's after that by Bethesda... I liked The Pitt dlc in Fallout 3, although otherwise I liked New Vegas way more than Fallout 3. But Shivering Isles man... That was great.
Yea Shivering Isles is by far their best DLC. Fallout has some solid dlcs (far harbor, broken steel, old world blues, etc.) but still the Shivering Isles is better than any of them.

The best dlc I've ever played though Was Blood and Wine in the Witcher III. Shit was a masterpiece, also Hearts of Stone was amazing as hell in the Witcher III. By far the Witcher III and Oblivion are my two favorite games and they both have my favorite DLCs.

I can go into more detail about the fallout series or elder scrolls series dlcs if you would like.

Yea Shivering Isles is by far their best DLC. Fallout has some solid dlcs (far harbor, broken steel, old world blues, etc.) but still the Shivering Isles is better than any of them.

The best dlc I've ever played though Was Blood and Wine in the Witcher III. Shit was a masterpiece, also Hearts of Stone was amazing as hell in the Witcher III. By far the Witcher III and Oblivion are my two favorite games and they both have my favorite DLCs.

I can go into more detail about the fallout series or elder scrolls series dlcs if you would like.

Yeah loved both of them DLC's in Witcher. Proper ones instead of the new short story ones / cosmetic that we have today. Witcher's DLC's were grand adventures. Whole game plus the DLC's were just amazing. Blood and Wine even won "RPG of the year" award with some site. But fair enough, it was actually a longer DLC that many games are today

The guilds, the quests, the dialogue were all better. More realistic and immersive. Meanwhile in Skyrim they obsess over the weather. Skyrim was probably better overall. Better environment, combat, leveling, and more. But quests and dialogue were better in Oblivion.

The Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion is one of my favourite things from any game ever.

The Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion is one of my favourite things from any game ever.
It was fantastic. Skyrims guilds overall were such a downgrade from oblivions (except the thieves guild). Skyrim obviously had better graphics and a lot to do/explore but overall it was such a weaker/shallow game than Oblivion. Oblivion had so much more depth that its insane.

Back