Opinion Beyond Party Lines - Both Parties are Complicit to Attacking the American People

Im in ontario -- do you have capacity regulations during whatever current phase you're in
New Jersey has imposed a 25% capacity on dining and salons I believe, those are the only two businesses I'm certain of. But I imagine there are others as well. it doesn't seem to apply to grocery stores or major retail shops at all.

New Jersey has imposed a 25% capacity on dining and salons I believe, those are the only two businesses I'm certain of. But I imagine there are others as well. it doesn't seem to apply to grocery stores or major retail shops at all.

25% is rather nebulous metric for people to enforce -- basically ours is a person count based on size of store. most its 25 -50 people max unless its a large store.

25% is rather nebulous metric for people to enforce -- basically ours is a person count based on size of store. most its 25 -50 people max unless its a large store.
it certainly is. what is the Canadian government doing to assist people out of work as result of these measures?

it certainly is. what is the Canadian government doing to assist people out of work as result of these measures?

EI or cerb. Cerb is essentially a program where anyone who made 5000 in the previous year can get 2000 a month if they lost their job due to covid. Problem is there is no checks and balances on it until tax time next year and the fraudulent claims could be in the millions. Its also taxable which a lot of people are unaware of. So people could be owing more than they planned for come 2021

EI or cerb. Cerb is essentially a program where anyone who made 5000 in the previous year can get 2000 a month if they lost their job due to covid. Problem is there is no checks and balances on it until tax time next year and the fraudulent claims could be in the millions. Its also taxable which a lot of people are unaware of. So people could be owing more than they planned for come 2021
"who made $5000"? do you mean 5k or do you mean 50k? that's very low for that level of assistance. how could there be no checks and balances? I can't imagine it's very hard to prove one made over $5000 in a year.
I think if they're going to enforce it like that, this at least makes sense. you can't put so many people out of work by way of government order and not compensate them for the loss.

"who made $5000"? do you mean 5k or do you mean 50k? that's very low for that level of assistance. how could there be no checks and balances? I can't imagine it's very hard to prove one made over $5000 in a year.
I think if they're going to enforce it like that, this at least makes sense. you can't put so many people out of work by way of government order and not compensate them for the loss.

5k -- and litterally no checks and balance. You go into a cra portal sign in (our version of the IRS online portal) they ask you a few questions you answer them, they dont check for authenticity of answers and then you get 2k. put it into perspective, we lost 3 million jobs here during the peak and have had 8.7 million people approved applicants (now egregious cases have been flagged after the payout)

5k -- and litterally no checks and balance. You go into a cra portal sign in (our version of the IRS online portal) they ask you a few questions you answer them, they dont check for authenticity of answers and then you get 2k. put it into perspective, we lost 3 million jobs here during the peak and have had 8.7 million people approved applicants (now egregious cases have been flagged after the payout)
That's pretty reckless. That's way further an investment than I'm talking about that the States are not doing. We're talking people that made upwards of 45-50k taxed and accounted for income here, generally being put out of work by government orders and as of next week given nothing any further as of the start of this month.

The Heroes Act includes about $1.13 trillion of emergency supplemental appropriations to federal agencies, as well as economic assistance to governments at the state, local, tribal, and territorial levels. There would be about $485 billion in safety net spending, including the expansion of unemployment benefits, increased Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, increased funding utilities payments and job training for low-income individuals, and a 25% increase in aid to disabled veterans. There would be about $435 billion for additional rebates, which would include an additional $1200 stimulus check per individual. There would be about $382 billion for health care, which would include reimbursing health care providers for lost revenue, covering the COBRA premium costs for employees laid off between March 2020 and January 2021, increasing funding for testing and contact tracing, eliminating cost-sharing for coronavirus treatment, and increasing funding for health agencies and centers. Employers would also need to implement infectious disease control panels. There would be about $290 billion to support small businesses and employee retention, with modifications to the Paycheck Protection Program. This would expand employee retention credit, provide credits for employer expenses, extend and expand paid leave (such as paid sick days, family and medical leave), and provide a 90% income credit for self-employed individuals. There would be about $290 billion to reduce income taxes and $191 billion for student loan relief and funding for higher education. There would be about $202 billion for housing-related costs and expenses, including the establishment of a emergency rental assistance fund and a homeowner's assistance fund. Some eviction and foreclosure moratoriums would be expanded as well, being extended for up to another year and expanding the moratorium to cover all renters and homeowners rather than specific cases as previously done in the CARES Act. There would be about $190 billion for hazard pay for essential workers. In addition, there would be $32 billion for communication systems (such as the U.S. Postal Service), $48 billion for pensions and retirement relief, $31 billion for agricultural spending, and $254 billion for a limited business loss deductions.[3][4][5]

I forgot to point this out but just about every state is fucked financially because of this. Most states rely on Sales and Use taxes for revenues but that obviously took a huge hit nationwide.

The Heroes Act has $1T to fund state and local governments so they can keep providing essential services like.... FUNDING THE POLICE..

McConnell's plan was to pass a law to allow states to declare bankruptcy... so they can get rid of their pension liabilities and fuck over anyone working for public unions.

Back