Beware of this McDojo in NYC

mcdonkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
NY Taekwondo: Martial Arts Madness Center - Taekwondo, Boxing, & Hapkido

Martial Arts Madness. Just a little before a year ago they had amateur exhibition events where they got a bunch of poorly trained teenagers to sign up and fight each other. The owner/head trainer rode on the hype and built his own dojo where he taught all different types of martial arts including tae kwon do, hapkido, boxing, muay thai, and even a class called mixed martial arts at a cheap price of 100 dollars a month. I guess he got exposed which is why right now he's only teaching tae kwon do, hapkido, and boxing.

Makes me sick to my stomach...

9.9999999/10 times... anything associated with the word taekwondo... is usually a mcdojo.

i dont understand how people can still fall for this shit.

9.9999999/10 times... anything associated with the word taekwondo... is usually a mcdojo.

I feel you dude, but that's not even the point. The way this dude marketed everything is just disgusting. Watch those two videos I posted in the first post. Look at the guys he put out to fight so he could build a hype train. And the fact that dude is trying to teach every single martial art in the world like he actually knows it all?

Parents who know nothing about 'mcdojos' see TKD school as another great martial arts school because of kids doing fancy kicks and all, so they too, enrol their children to that, top it up with the instructor telling them that their kid will be a black belt in a very short time, really a false sense of security...

Parents who know nothing about 'mcdojos' see TKD school as another great martial arts school because of kids doing fancy kicks and all, so they too, enrol their children to that, top it up with the instructor telling them that their kid will be a black belt in a very short time, really a false sense of security...

yeah basically. I went to a mcdojo when i was little. I thought i was a bad ass breaking boards and shit.

I mean, good lord, look at these videos. Watch the guy in the blue headgear fight. And watch the other "asian submission machine" get fucked up. This asshole seriously just let random ass people sign up to get their ass kicked just so he can build hype and open his mcdojo.

YouTube - Martial Arts Madness FNF: Karate vs. Freestyle
YouTube - Martial Arts Madness BOS: SHOTOKAN KARATE vs. SUBMISSION GRAPPLING

BWA HA HA

I wish I could fight there. Least the ring girlrs were decent.

Did you see the second video? Apparently submission doesnt count as a win

True this!

Its unfortunate but true. What pisses me off is that other TMA's that actually have efficiency in real combat such as Shotokan, Kyokushin, and Goju ryu get unfairly lumped into the whole taekwondo mc.dojo category. Just because you wear a gi doesnt make it useless.

Taekwondo is pretty damn useless unless you consider demos and point fighting useful.

yeah basically. I went to a mcdojo when i was little. I thought i was a bad ass breaking boards and shit.

hilarious!!! haha

and im not trying to offend anyone... im just pointing out the facts. alot of tkd schools are just in it to rob peoples money.

This place rules. Why? Having four super-sexy ring girls at an event attended by about fifteen people. Who cares about the fighting?

watching them videos made me feel sick.

I'm trying to process what I just saw, seriously some of the worst stand up Ive seen in a while. And yeah, whats was up with the the second video? Guy gets subbed so they start the fight over? And that first video at about 1:15, terrible shot wow...I don't live in NY but man, anyone who does stay well away from there.

Yeah, but it says right on his website that he is a "Master" and everything. He wouldn't be deceptive about that right? It even has "USA" and the Olympic Rings on the homepage. :icon_lol:

That hack should be arrested for Endangering the Welfare of a Child.

:icon_chee

I mean, good lord, look at these videos. Watch the guy in the blue headgear fight. And watch the other "asian submission machine" get fucked up. This asshole seriously just let random ass people sign up to get their ass kicked just so he can build hype and open his mcdojo.

YouTube - Martial Arts Madness FNF: Karate vs. Freestyle
YouTube - Martial Arts Madness BOS: SHOTOKAN KARATE vs. SUBMISSION GRAPPLING

That's just sickening to watch. Places like that should be banned immediately.

Back