News Bevon Lewis Suspended For Smoking Herb

Ah thanks,
So that means he's suspended from fighting for any US Professional promotion now then?
Nevada suspended him. In theory, he could fight in other states. But, as you know, states normally respect other states' suspensions, so practically speaking, he's benched in the US.

But if he pays the $1200 fine he'll be able to fight as early as May.

Maybe he was just pulsing picograms of pot in a pool?

Maybe try not smoking when you have a fight or signed to fight,I really don't care if they smoke or not, it's just very hard to take these guys serious when they complain about fighter pay and some guys can't even be professional.

It’s a dumb rule. But it’s still a rule. If you risk your livelihood to do it, you may be an addict. And I know, “you can’t be addicted to weed”.

Here we go with the "it's just weed" calls..

It doesn't fucking matter what the substance is or whether you think it should be allowed.. It is not allowed and they test for it..You want to be a professional athlete then don't smoke it when your not allowed.

Or is it because they can't stop because they are addicted? Nah can't be that every pothead says it is not addictive.

It doesn't fucking matter what the substance is or whether you think it should be allowed.. It is not allowed and they test for it..You want to be a professional athlete then don't smoke it when your not allowed.

Or is it because they can't stop because they are addicted? Nah can't be that every pothead says it is not addictive.

At least 1 other person with common sense here. If USADA decides they want to test for asparagus in your urine, then guess what? Don't eat f-ing asparagus before a test!!! If you don't like the rule, work to change the rule. Don't fail the test then bitch about the rule that you knew about.

At least 1 other person with common sense here. If USADA decides they want to test for asparagus in your urine, then guess what? Don't eat f-ing asparagus before a test!!! If you don't like the rule, work to change the rule. Don't fail the test then bitch about the rule that you knew about.

Fact - Common Sense is not that common.

Cmon son. Everyone here knows this. EVERYONE.

And if a guy got suspended for eating asparagus before a fight, fans would bitch about that rule being stupid. And they'd be right.

This website is full of wannabe gangsters who thinks they are from 209 or whatever. Not a surprise at all

Cmon son. Everyone here knows this. EVERYONE.

And if a guy got suspended for eating asparagus before a fight, fans would bitch about that rule being stupid. And they'd be right.

And the same fans should logically lash out about the fighter blatanly breaking the rules even after they knew about the rule. (Which was the poster's entire point)

And they'd be right.

And the same fans should logically lash about the fighter blatanly breaking the rules even after they knew about the rule. (Which was the poster's entire point)

And they'd be right.
Correct. Everyone would be right. Not mutually exclusive.

But those who look down their noses at other posters saying "but he KNEW it was against the rules BWAHAHAHA" are somehow...just...a little bit less right somehow. I'm not exactly sure why, but I reckon it's from the pretentiousness of their argument, and their beliefs that they're saying something everyone else doesn't already know ;) no offense meant, of course.

Correct. Everyone would be right. Not mutually exclusive.

But those who look down their noses at other posters saying "but he KNEW it was against the rules BWAHAHAHA" are somehow...just...a little bit less right somehow ;)

Like the little pigs being a little bit more equal.

99% of the posts in this thread are about weed ban being ridiculous, and 1% of them are about fighter being ridiculous. I think thats the least you can deal with, considering both parties are right

obv the bigger issue is weed still being tested for, it shouldn't be.

BUT, with that said, it currently is, everyone knows the rules, and they relaxed the rules years ago to the point where you literally have to stop smoking for like, 48 hours, and you'd be clean. It's on Bevon not to fuck that up.

Bevon should play the race card, as these cannabis laws are just another example of the white man holding the black man down.

I don't care if he only smoked 1 pot there should be no illegal drug use in the ufc. Might as well let them use meth or heroin.

People completely miss the point when it comes to suspensions for weed.

1. The levels of THC have been bumped up ridiculously high. You need to have smoke very close up to the fight in order to actually pop during an in competition test.
2. I don't think it's a performance enhancer but it could be for some people who would feel more relaxed or in the zone or feel less anxiety. Can't allow this unless you open it up to other drugs.
3. These guys KNOW they are getting tested.......it's not a pop quiz they didn't about. How hard is it, really, to quit smoking a month before your fight? I don't care if you don't agree with the rules but the fact of the matter is you know the rules and broke them.

I'm a pro-MJ supporter and think it should be 100% legal throughout the nation. BUT I feel zero sympathy towards these athletes who get busted. If you don't like the rules, work on changing the rules, you can't just break the rules you don't like then complain about it.

TLDR: I think testing for pot is dumb as crap, BUT he knew the rules (which are very lax) and broke them. No sympathy from me.
It’s the same thing with other medications, I don’t wanna see a guy on pain killers like Vicodin in there. It’s an intoxicant. Plain and simple. I’m pro MJ too, but these Mj smokers can’t go a fucking day without smoking it.

Back