News Bevon Lewis Suspended For Smoking Herb

You cant have weed in your system IN competition. Meaning this dude lit up a day before he was tested or hours before he was tested.

People completely miss the point when it comes to suspensions for weed.

1. The levels of THC have been bumped up ridiculously high. You need to have smoke very close up to the fight in order to actually pop during an in competition test.
2. I don't think it's a performance enhancer but it could be for some people who would feel more relaxed or in the zone or feel less anxiety. Can't allow this unless you open it up to other drugs.
3. These guys KNOW they are getting tested.......it's not a pop quiz they didn't about. How hard is it, really, to quit smoking a month before your fight? I don't care if you don't agree with the rules but the fact of the matter is you know the rules and broke them.

I'm a pro-MJ supporter and think it should be 100% legal throughout the nation. BUT I feel zero sympathy towards these athletes who get busted. If you don't like the rules, work on changing the rules, you can't just break the rules you don't like then complain about it.

TLDR: I think testing for pot is dumb as crap, BUT he knew the rules (which are very lax) and broke them. No sympathy from me.

If you just keep smoking, you can still fight twice a year every 6 months.

All pot smoking degenerates should be rounded up and forced to toil in the underground sugar caves.

Does that mean he was high during his last match?
"The test was conducted the same date as Lewis’ most recent UFC fight..."

But that doesn't mean shit, since it stays in your system for up to a month. Nick Diaz famously argued that there is a difference between active and inactive metabolites, and the argument lost.

CONCLUSION: There's no evidence he was and compelling evidence he wasn't (e.g. if there were any indication he was high just before the fight, they would have stopped it then.). So probably not. He probably got high a week or three earlier. And if there were any indication he was high just before the fight, they would have stopped it then.

It's a shitty irony that the most innocuous drug of them all stays in your system the longest....

<JagsKiddingMe>

did tylenol fuck your girlfriend or what? who the fuck cares?
JUST LIKE YOU DID WITH ME...You got placed into a corner that you didn't know how to bark back from. So instead of... well continue to argue on what YOU initiated... you just poke insults and make fun of people, which technically means that you broke. For this purpose, I'LL say I care. The concept is that weed's no worse than Tylenol. Or alcohol. Or gambling. Or caffeine. It's just another methodology of similar stuff. It's not for us to hate on people that do things different than you. Should Guida cut his hair? I bet you say yes, but I say no. You're not any more right than I am. But when you pick on people, it says more about you than all of your victims combined.

Last edited:
They re-signed him again then presumably? What was the reasoning behind that?
He was released in November. The penalty pertains to his last fight when he was still in the UFC.

I don't know anything about a pre-November release or a resigning.

He was released in November. The penalty pertains to his last fight when he was still in the UFC.

I don't know anything about a pre-November release or a resigning.
Ah thanks,
So that means he's suspended from fighting for any US Professional promotion now then?

"The test was conducted the same date as Lewis’ most recent UFC fight..."

But that doesn't mean shit, since it stays in your system for up to a month. Nick Diaz famously argued that there is a difference between active and inactive metabolites, and the argument lost.

CONCLUSION: There's no evidence he was and compelling evidence he wasn't (e.g. if there were any indication he was high just before the fight, they would have stopped it then.). So probably not. He probably got high a week or three earlier. And if there were any indication he was high just before the fight, they would have stopped it then.

It's a shitty irony that the most innocuous drug of them all stays in your system the longest....
Thanks, appreciate the take.

As for the irony, it's almost an indication of how your body views it. The other drugs are serious poisons, so your body does what it can to eliminate them, even if that process makes you more high. Weed, it doesn't really care and view it as that bad...

FYI, my above take has zero scientific basis and is just my spitballing.

Thanks, appreciate the take.

As for the irony, it's almost an indication of how your body views it. The other drugs are serious poisons, so your body does what it can to eliminate them, even if that process makes you more high. Weed, it doesn't really care and view it as that bad...

FYI, my above take has zero scientific basis and is just my spitballing.
I used to know why. But my memory is a bit shot.

Something something fat soluble something.

Back