Betty Shelby, murderer of unarmed Terence Crutcher, to teach class about surviving deadly arrests

Are you illiterate?
The report said he was behaving erratically and would not keep his hands out of his pockets. He also was leaning into his vehicle.

Was on drugs and had in hands in his pockets, deserved to die

#conservativeprinciples #clarification #hehadthatlookinhiseyes

Shoot first, ask questions later. Class dismissed.

First slide on her powerpoint

c26.jpg

And in the very same city where she shot him like a rabid dog. You can't make this shit up.

Honestly, I don't know how the class could last more then ten minutes. How do you survive a "critical incident"? Well, the same way you survive a harmless traffic stop, of course: you kill the citizen.

https://theblackwallsttimes.com/201...ion-to-course-taught-by-officer-betty-shelby/

This is one of those weird cases where he isn't actively resisting, but he isn't complying either, and the Police absolutely can't allow him to just get back into his car. The argument, for politically correct reasons obviously can't be made that she shouldn't be on the street because she clearly can't deal with a suspect in a physical manner. It's just a bad deal all around.

So the law says that if you at some point put your hands into your pockets and then take them back out and put them over your head, clearly unarmed, it’s a “no backsies” rule and the cop gets to shoot you anyway?

That makes more sense, the law is very clear on backsies.
Apparently.
The jury saw video, so, they must not have been convinced that the officer was in the wrong.
I'm just saying, it's not a clear cut case of the police shooting an innocent dude for no reason.
And I'm not taking any account of such things seriously from a publication called "Black Wall Street".

Ask OJ Simpson

Imagine if the prosecution in the OJ case had video of him stabbing those people to death....I wonder if conservatives would say "yeah, but his ex-wife and her boyfriend were acting strange and had pockets, so they deserved it."

Shelby will inform participants about “many of the legal, financial, physical, and emotional challenges” that may arise after an officer shoots someone, according to a course synopsis on a state government website.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/bet...cle_9388a019-cd03-5890-9757-069a5bf9706d.html

Now, I'm against this woman ever being able to work as a LEO again. I think it was a bad shoot for sure.

But the article and OP are of course also sensationalist. She isn't being paid for teaching this course, and this course isn't about how to handle a potentially deadly situation but rather how to deal with the aftermath. Obviously her being on the wrong end of a highly publicized shooting gives her a unique ability to speak to the "legal, financial, physical, and emotional challenges that may arise after an officer shoots someone."

Imagine if the prosecution in the OJ case had video of him stabbing those people to death....I wonder if conservatives would say "yeah, but his ex-wife and her boyfriend were acting strange and had pockets, so they deserved it."

Reality for many conservatives is warped so I would not be surprised if they were way off on the OJ murders. I mean they are wrong on just about everything

Apparently.
The jury saw video, so, they must not have been convinced that the officer was in the wrong.
I've seen the video and I can understand why she feared for her life.

Lots of other videos of civilians reaching inside car for 2 seconds and coming back blasting.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/bet...cle_9388a019-cd03-5890-9757-069a5bf9706d.html

Now, I'm against this woman ever being able to work as a LEO again. I think it was a bad shoot for sure.

But the article and OP are of course also sensationalist. She isn't being paid for teaching this course, and this course isn't about how to handle a potentially deadly situation but rather how to deal with the aftermath. Obviously her being on the wrong end of a highly publicized shooting gives her a unique ability to speak to the "legal, financial, physical, and emotional challenges that may arise after an officer shoots someone."

Well, she is working as an LEO if I'm not mistaken.

But also, to your point:

Marq Lewis, leader of We the People Oklahoma, questioned the Sheriff’s Office’s allowing Shelby to instruct the class, titled “Surviving the Aftermath of a Critical Incident.” Lewis urged the Sheriff’s Office to replace the course with de-escalation training.

“We applaud TCSO for giving officers a class to address their own mental health from an obviously stressful job, but we do not believe Betty Shelby is the right person to teach that course,” Lewis wrote in a statement.
“So, we ask — how can Tulsa’s minority community move beyond it when Shelby is acting as an educator to other officers?” Lewis wrote.

Fuck this woman getting a platform to talk about all she had to go through after she murdered someone - and in the exact same area where it happened. Like Lewis said: how about we focus on de-escalation training instead of training officers on how to handle the stress of having to justify murder?

Last edited:

But also, to your point:

Fuck this woman getting a platform to talk about all she had to go through after she murdered someone. Like Lewis said: how about we focus on de-escalation training instead of training officers on how to handle the stress of having to justify murder?
Good point. Basically cops just roll up and scream orders at you and if you don't do what simon says boom you're dead.

Yes she is, and I vehemently disagree with it. I can't stress that enough, there's no way she should be working as a LEO. Unfortunately seemingly every department is understaffed and unable to find qualified hires. I know we're struggling with it out here.
But also, to your point:

Fuck this woman getting a platform to talk about all she had to go through after she murdered someone. Like Lewis said: how about we focus on de-escalation training instead of training officers on how to handle the stress of having to justify murder?
We get lots of training on de-escelation, but you also need training in all areas. Yes, de-escalation is an area that many departments should clearly work on, I'm not disagreeing with that, but of late it has been a focus everywhere. Also, no matter how much training you have human error will still come into play. I can't sit here and say this woman had inadequate training because I don't know that for a fact. She might have had plenty of training and still fucked up. Is there any evidence that the local departments aren't getting de-escalation training? That this training is replacing de-escalation training?

As far as her being a murderer, you know that that's sensationalism or hyperbole on your end. There's no way what she did was premeditated, and a jury acquitted her of whatever manslaughter charge or whatever was brought against her. Now, I'm not saying that that's a great position to be in, but even murderers may have something worthwhile to teach in the aftermath of the horrific acts they have committed. I have a suspicion that you wouldn't be against others acquitted or even convicted of crimes having any sort of "platform."

I mean, yeah, I agree with you saying, "fuck her." But she's not even being paid to teach this course on a subject that you have to admit she is uniquely qualified for. There are justified shootings and it's extremely stressful to have to take a life, it's not a wholly useless training course.

Yes she is, and I vehemently disagree with it. I can't stress that enough, there's no way she should be working as a LEO. Unfortunately seemingly every department is understaffed and unable to find qualified hires. I know we're struggling with it out here.

We get lots of training on de-escelation, but you also need training in all areas. Yes, de-escalation is an area that many departments should clearly work on, I'm not disagreeing with that, but of late it has been a focus everywhere. Also, no matter how much training you have human error will still come into play. I can't sit here and say this woman had inadequate training because I don't know that for a fact. She might have had plenty of training and still fucked up. Is there any evidence that the local departments aren't getting de-escalation training? That this training is replacing de-escalation training?

As far as her being a murderer, you know that that's sensationalism or hyperbole on your end. There's no way what she did was premeditated, and a jury acquitted her of whatever manslaughter charge or whatever was brought against her. Now, I'm not saying that that's a great position to be in, but even murderers may have something worthwhile to teach in the aftermath of the horrific acts they have committed. I have a suspicion that you wouldn't be against others acquitted or even convicted of crimes having any sort of "platform."

I mean, yeah, I agree with you saying, "fuck her." But she's not even being paid to teach this course on a subject that you have to admit she is uniquely qualified for. There are justified shootings and it's extremely stressful to have to take a life, it's not a wholly useless training course.

I always forget that you're a pig. For what it's worth and regardless of disagreement, it's nice knowing that there are intelligent and thoughtful persons such as yourself in the profession.

Anyways, I have no semantic qualms about calling her a murderer. You can be a murderer without premeditation. I don't think there is a reasonable-person basis for the justification of self-defense.

As far as the bandwidth of police training, I don't buy your argument. Even in the Greater St. Louis area, very few of the police officers are (for instance) specifically equipped to deal with the mentally ill. In most outside municipalities and counties, like in Madison County, IL, only one or at most two officers are trained in such resolution. Accordingly, we get quite a few mentally ill persons killed by the police here. Given the unacceptability of that and the necessity for such training, and given that (I'm sure) these classes were used to fulfill continued education/professional education requirements, I'm still not sympathetic to the choice. If cops want to learn how to cover their ass after they become famous for killing an unarmed person, they should do it off the taxpayer dime.

I always forget that you're a pig. For what it's worth and regardless of disagreement, it's nice knowing that there are intelligent and thoughtful persons such as yourself in the profession.

Anyways, I have no semantic qualms about calling her a murderer. You can be a murderer without premeditation. I don't think there is a reasonable-person basis for the justification of self-defense.

As far as the bandwidth of police training, I don't buy your argument. Even in the Greater St. Louis area, very few of the police officers are (for instance) specifically equipped to deal with the mentally ill. In most outside municipalities and counties, like in Madison County, IL, only one or at most two officers are trained in such resolution. Accordingly, we get quite a few mentally ill persons killed by the police here. Given the unacceptability of that and the necessity for such training, and given that (I'm sure) these classes were used to fulfill continued education/professional education requirements, I'm still not sympathetic to the choice. If cops want to learn how to cover their ass after they become famous for killing an unarmed person, they should do it off the taxpayer dime.

Nor do you apparently have any qualms about calling that dude a pig...

I've seen the video and I can understand why she feared for her life.

Lots of other videos of civilians reaching inside car for 2 seconds and coming back blasting.
These facts will continue to be overlooked. We can't have a monkey wrench thrown into yet another poor poor black folk circle jerk thread.

It's funny because, when I called the dude a commie pig, I got carded, and I have a strong suspicion as to who the rat was.

Nope, sure don't. But I made the educated guess, based upon his AV, that he wouldn't recoil at the term.

But if he asks me to explain why he's a pig, I won't say that I have well-documented evidence of him being born by a hog, and then spend the next week posting over the course of 40 pages saying I don't have to provide the evidence because he's pretentious for asking me for it.

It's funny because, when I called the dude a commie pig, I got carded, and I have a strong suspicion as to who the rat was.

0% chance you were carded for calling me a commie pig. Hell, one of the mods here regularly calls me that.

Supply the post and infraction message and, if it adds up, I'll arrange for you to get a gold star. If you can't, we can all assume you are lying because you can't fill up your shit posts totals without doing so.

Nope, sure don't. But I made the educated guess, based upon his AV, that he wouldn't recoil at the term.

But if he asks me to explain why he's a pig, I won't say that I have well-documented evidence of him being born by a hog, and then spend the next week posting over the course of 40 pages saying I don't have to provide the evidence because he's pretentious for asking me for it.

0% chance you were carded for calling me a commie pig. Hell, one of the mods here regularly calls me that.

Literally no chance. Supply the post and infraction message and, if it adds up, I'll arrange for you to get a gold star.
lol, yeah right. It only happened within a minute of my post. If that.

Back