Betting on WMMA

YourOnlineHero

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any of you guys experienced in this? I usually only bet on my favourite fighters to add excitement to it and never care about losing the money or what the odds are etc that much.

But it's got me thinking about wmma. Is it easy money? Looks like (with the exception of cyborg and nunes) the probability of decisions are high and that it seems pretty easy to determine who is more skilled.

Is this worth doing or are the odds usually too lopsided?

For example, could I bet for bullet every single fight she is in and make easy money (until someone good shows up) or are the odds just shit?

I mean there are like 3 non shit-tier fighters. Unless they are fighting each other I'd just bet for them to win every fight.

My thinking is the best skilled fighter will almost always win due to the low probability of getting caught with 1 lucky shot ending the fight. They just shrug it off.

Its the only thing its good for,

So many poor fighters and can crushing fights its easy to make money.

Any of you guys experienced in this? I usually only bet on my favourite fighters to add excitement to it and never care about losing the money or what the odds are etc that much.

But it's got me thinking about wmma. Is it easy money? Looks like (with the exception of cyborg and nunes) the probability of decisions are high and that it seems pretty easy to determine who is more skilled.

Is this worth doing or are the odds usually too lopsided?

For example, could I bet for bullet every single fight she is in and make easy money (until someone good shows up) or are the odds just shit?

I mean there are like 3 non shit-tier fighters. Unless they are fighting each other I'd just bet for them to win every fight.

My thinking is the best skilled fighter will almost always win due to the low probability of getting caught with 1 lucky shot ending the fight. They just shrug it off.

upload_2018-12-10_15-25-19.png

This should give you an idea of how Valentina's lines will be in the future vs. unknown/can opponents.

well, did you think ansaroff was gonna beat gadelha?

Last edited:
I bet on nunes everytime since the Tate fight, I didn't know who she was before that.
I was surprised she hit so hard.

Last edited:
You dont understand betting, but its ok, almost no-one on Sherdog does.
I understand betting better than you bro,

It turns for me - uninteresting squash matches into something slightly more interesting. Being jacked and rich, thats all I care about.

Honestly, I've found that a lot of slight/moderate favorites are overvalued. Chook was a good example on Saturday. That fight screamed a close decision to me, so I played Eye small. That seems to happen quite a bit with odds like that.

well, did you think ansaroff was gonna beat gadelha?

Exactly this. Plus the odds were and are usually pretty shitty. What works quite well though is to bet on the fight lasting more than 1 round, or even to a decision to get better odds. But it's not always 100 % easy money too.

With all that being said I am considering to stop betting on WMMA at all.

oh yeah b/c you know better than the pro odds makers...you sherdog

Never a more appropriate time and place to post @piglord's t-shirt:

LGeCOcO.jpg

oh yeah b/c you know better than the pro odds makers...you sherdog

You know, because the betting line moves based on action from gamblers, you don't have to know better than the pro odds makers to make money.

What did the oddsmakers set the betting line on McGregor-Mayweather initially? Like 20-1 or 12-1? Then the general public bet it to 3-1?

So you understand what that means right?

Back