Betting odds released for who will be Conor McGregor’s next opponent

But I don't think Conor would fight the Khabib/Tony winner until late this year. And I don't see Conor sitting out that long. Kav just reiterated on Helwani's show that he expects Conor to fight in March or April. Thus, I think:

March = Masvidal or Gaethje or a boxing match or someone else from the list
April = filling in for Khabib or Tony

I don’t see a scenario where Conor actually fights Masvidal. He’s also not fighting Floyd or Pac in 2-3 months. So both of those are out. The UFC wasn’t interested in Conor fighting JG, otherwise they would have made that fight instead of Cowboy. The only two logical fights is Tony/Khabib winner and Diaz 3.

Tony's WILL cash out if he manages to beat Khabib.

Jorge Masvidal -200 (67% chance)
Khabib Nurmagomdov +300 (25% chance)
Justin Gaethje +600 (15% chance)
Kamaru Usman +900 (10% chance)
Nate Diaz +1000 (9% chance)
Floyd Mayweather +1200 (8% chance)
Tony Ferguson +1400 (7% chance)
source

I wouldn't take Masvidal if he's odds on. With Conor not mentioning him, and Dana still pushing Usman/Masvidal, I just think those odds are too high.

Ferguson is undervalued. All it'd take is Khabib pulling out again.

Mayweather is undervalued too. I think it's fairly likely.

Pacquiao, Aldo, Poirier, GSP deserve lines too. Though admittedly they're all long shots.

Who do you think Conor McGregor will fight next? At the odds above, which bet would you take?
UFC 248 – March 7, 2020 – T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas, NV
Conor vs. Jorge

source

I wouldn't take Masvidal if he's odds on. With Conor not mentioning him, and Dana still pushing Usman/Masvidal, I just think those odds are too high.

Pacquiao, Aldo, Poirier, GSP deserve lines too. Though admittedly they're all long shots.

Who do you think Conor McGregor will fight next? At the odds above, which bet would you take?
masvidal should be the lowest percentage.

Usman with Mirko/Wand 1 special rules should be a line

A bet on Tony is a bet on him beating Khabib. That looks like value to me. It’s either Khabib, or Tony next so a flyer on either would be fine.

Absolutely. An injury to Khabib OR Tony beating Khabib likely means Conor/Ferguson.

+1400 has value for sure.

IF Tony vs Khabib happens and there is no pull out from either, then Conor will fight Masvidal I feel, I could see them doing that. He said he wants to fight ASAP and doesn't want no more breaks so it could happen before or around same time as Tony vs Khabib

Conor is definitely headlining that March Vegas card, especially with literally no damage taken in the Cowboy fight.

Diaz...if he had won the BMF belt.

Masvidal at 170 or Ferguson/Khabib IF someone pulls out, but i have a hard time believing Conor would step up in short notice.

Edit: If Conor has not fought yet and Ferguson beats Khabib then its Tony 100%, Khabib beating Tony then its probably Masvidal, imo he doesnt want the Rematch as they are playing hard to get.

I see no reason for Conor to face Jorge. He has no championship belt to take what is the appeal for Conor?
The BMF gimmick seems to have worked, they talk about it as a title (smh), so there is the chance of that, also opens up a potential WW title fight, 3rd division belt, that would go into MMA history books, if he loses, well, it was WW bla bla 2 divisions above bla bla, you get the idea.

The BMF gimmick seems to have worked, they talk about it as a title (smh), so there is the chance of that, also opens up a potential WW title fight, 3rd division belt, that would go into MMA history books, if he loses, well, it was WW bla bla 2 divisions above bla bla, you get the idea.

I agree with this but I think Conors angle would be to see if Masvidal can win vs. Usman and then go for the WW Belt vs. Masvidal. !!!

UnrulyDefenselessIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

source

What are the odds he punches a senior at a bar next?

Stylistically, Khabib & Usman are the toughest fights for Conor but they also happen to be champions who have belts. Conor would love to avenge his loss to Khabib & would love to be the first man to win belts in 3 weight classes in the UFC. Conor has a reasonable chance vs Masvidal, Justin, & Nate, but Khabib & Usman are much tougher stylistic fights for him IMO. If I was Conor's manager &/or the UFC, Masvidal is the fight to make. Its a winnable fight for Conor, against a guy who currently has a lot of popularity too. Sure, Masvidal could also beat Conor, but it will probably be a reasonably competitive fight. On the other hand, I see Usman dominating Conor badly unless Conor lands a big shot early. Khabib also already dominated Conor, though for sure Conor wants revenge

I highly doubt Conor would take a boxing fight right now. He is focused on regaining his spot in MMA and a boxing match would ruin that momentum.

Ferguson looks like a good bet if Kebab pulls out, but that fight is in April, what if Conor is announced to fight someone before that, and then even ends up stepping in for Kebab or Tony.. Does the bet settle when a Conor fight is made or when he actually fights someone

Ferguson looks like a good bet if Kebab pulls out, but that fight is in April, what if Conor is announced to fight someone before that, and then even ends up stepping in for Kebab or Tony.. Does the bet settle when a Conor fight is made or when he actually fights someone
Not sure. I think the fight would have to actually take place. If they schedule Conor to fight say Masvidal or Gaethje in March I doubt they'd scrap that fight to book Conor in April anyway.

I think the big question now is regarding contract negotiations between all parties for a fight in March. That includes Conor, his opponent, and the UFC. Getting an opponent signed shouldn't be a struggle at all, considering the plethora of options. Jorge asking for too much? Go Gaethje. He asking for too much? Offer it to Poirier. Et cetera. So this is gonna be a repeat of what we've been seeing since Conor beat Eddie; a struggle between Conor and the UFC.

Back