Betting favorite? Conor or tony?

Conor would be favored, Vegas knows when to play the fool.

Lando only hurt Tony with a flush head kick that KO's almost any other LW. It wasn't a punch, it was a full force head kick right on the side of his head. And even after this weekend people are still buying that Pettis has no power? Man...I agree with your other post...this place sometimes...

Conor KO'd Eddie which was beautiful precision striking. But it wasn't some one shot lights out KO. He dropped him 3 times before they stopped the fight. I don't understand this belief that above 145 he packs some sort of special power that puts guys out. He's fought 4 times above FW and has that one KO. Tony has fought how many killers at LW and WW and has never been KO'd? Yet, people think if Conor lands "dat one left hand bro" that he's putting Tony to sleep? The lack of evidence to support that is monumental, yet...? I'll never say it's impossible, it COULD happen obviously. But banking on that? Seems foolish to me.

Conor's "power" is one of the biggest myths in MMA history. He does have excellent timing and accuracy by MMA standards, and a lot of reach and poise. That combined with fighting manlets, and the fact chins and defence of MMA fighters are nowhere near pro boxers, got him results. Some very good results too, the Poirier win is legit, and 1 punch KOing Aldo is obviously a great win.

But even in the Aldo fight, it was an enraged manlet literally running face first onto his shot. And against Alvarez - which was an impressive display of striking - Alvarez was essentially a shook manlet that put forth an abysmal performance and kind of looked like he didn't wanna be there. Even so, the shots weren't even that hard, just well timed and accurate.

That long left cross is undeniably a good weapon in MMA, just overhyped. I think if Conor unretires and fights more solid 155ers like Kebab, they'll take his shots just fine and people will see "da left hand" is nowhere near as hard as advertised.

Conor's "power" is one of the biggest myths in MMA history. He does have excellent timing and accuracy by MMA standards, and a lot of reach and poise. That combined with fighting manlets, and the fact chins and defence of MMA fighters are nowhere near pro boxers, got him results. Some very good results too, the Poirier win is legit, and 1 punch KOing Aldo is obviously a great win.

But even in the Aldo fight, it was an enraged manlet literally running face first onto his shot. And against Alvarez - which was an impressive display of striking - Alvarez was essentially a shook manlet that put forth an abysmal performance and kind of looked like he didn't wanna be there. Even so, the shots weren't even that hard, just well timed and accurate.

That long left cross is undeniably a good weapon in MMA, just overhyped. I think if Conor unretires and fights more solid 155ers like Kebab, they'll take his shots just fine and people will see "da left hand" is nowhere near as hard as advertised.

I think at 145 he hits like a truck. Above that I think he has "okay" power but nothing special. That's kinda how I see it.

Back