Betting against ex trt users?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by eternaldarkness, Jan 5, 2015.

1. eternaldarkness

eternaldarkness Brown Belt

i have been betting against former trt users as a gambling strategy and it hasn't failed me yet. it's not necessarily the physical change so much as it is the psychological effects. when you take the test away they lose a lot of heart and aggression, it's the death touch for a fighter.

2. Drinii

Drinii Blue Belt

ur lame .

3. Vhagar

Vhagar Blue Belt

Same. i am betting everything against soggy vitor. He's a broken shell of trt vitor regardless of what he says/

4. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

C"mon bro Bigfoot vs. Mir who you got

Besides how many fights have there been since the TRT ban anyways that featured ex users???

Like one?

5. eternaldarkness

it works and my gambling account doesn't complain. what are some of your gambling strategies. i backed davis to beat glover at nearly 4-1 because he was the better wrestler, you can nearly always put money on the better wrestler, and i backed jones because i thought his clinch attack would neutralise cormier's wrestling, knees and elbows are the best way to break down judo throws and clinch wrestling.

6. eternaldarkness

haven't seen the odds but it's not a matchup i like from a gambling standpoint. if bigfoot wasn't coming off trt i would say bigfoot all the way. i would still favour him slightly but i haven't seen the numbers and i don't like betting on favourites unless i'm nearly positive and they pay a good dollar like jones vs cormier. (over $1.50)

7. eternaldarkness

so you support the steroid users? don't worry i will definitely have a bit of money against vitor. and will take my lame gambling strategies all the way to the bank.

8. Iroh

Iroh The Dragon of the West Platinum Member

I'd say that's a pretty solid strategy. Might have to put some money on Weidman myself.

9. sohocanaan22

sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

LOL. Was Nate not on TRT before? I thought he was and bet heavy on Tavarez for that exact reason.

10. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

rothwell?

11. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

depends on the odds

12. eternaldarkness

weidman will be favourite, but i will still back him for a little bit. i was actually thinking of the marquadt vs tavares fight, i found it hard to believe tavares was over $2.00, i was like damn that will do me. you will probably get a fairly good price on weidman though, because a lot of people like to reflect on vitor's glory days.

13. DCarf

DCarf Brown Belt

I'm with you, those must be his boyhood heros who are the ex users which is why he's butthurt. Good strategy and props for sharing it (I don't share my gambling strategies, it's superstition for me). I hope you don't mind if I use it, which I know you don't otherwise you wouldn't have shared.

14. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Oh i didn't think of that one, didn't he win strikeforce fights off it though?.....I guess Hendo's last fight, throw in Bonnar's last fight. What am I missing?

15. eternaldarkness

numbers are the single most important thing in gambling. that is why i don't like short odd favourites.

16. eternaldarkness

fire away, it's not fool proof though they could still be taking something under the counter.

17. sohocanaan22

sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

I honestly don't know. I was certain enough to make the bet, but that's not always a good measure.

I know Dana bounced him for something ped related, and then he did win one or two fights in Strikeforce, but beyond that I realize I'm clueless.

18. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

I was only trying to disprove TS as a guy who clearly isn't betting on fights when he's talking about strategy like that and there hasn't been any cases of it. And you helped with that so thanks!!

19. DCarf

DCarf Brown Belt

I understand that it's not 100% all ex TRT users will lose, but for fellow betters it is a very interesting variable, one that I didn't really pay attention to.

20. sohocanaan22

sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

Amen.

Is there a Chris/Vitor line yet?