Better resume, Khabib or Tony?

You must admit, Pettis has declined significantly the past few years..

He has, but he was coming off a win over Chiesa. If we are trying to figure out "how good" each fighter actually was at the specific time they fought Khabib or Tony, that makes the comparisons need to be FAR more in depth. You have to start really digging into every guy that either of them have fought and look at their career arcs, etc.

Khabib's record is not "padded", but Tony still has the better record, IMO. Still, they are both really good and I don't think you can ever call Khabib the GOAT until he beats Ferg (and vice versa).

Jarl

Current 27-0 LW champion that has never lost and obliterated a champ champ vs a guy that's never won a title?

What are you people even arguing about?

Lmao, you don't get to decide when the judges are right and when they aren't. Your name is nobody, your opinion - worthless garbage. Same goes for your "media members". This is the only opinion that matters:
View attachment 506183

... and yet even this opinion can be challenged by providing actual argumentation, however, instead of providing argumentation, you've chosen to act like a mongoloid child and spout nonsense in the vein of "Khabib lost becuz teh MEDIA MUMBURS said so". Note that the decision isn't even a split one, it's unanimous. Now, give me ONE reason why Khabib should have lost the fight.

Hahahaha, well played mate, your passion for this is admirable. Have this jpeg as a token of my thanks for playing. May it bring you good fortune in the battles to come.

Hipster-s-Guide-to-Modern-UFC-1.jpg

Tony is the only one of the two who didn't require incompetent judges to beat Gleison Tibau

giphy.gif
tibau didnt do anything in that fight beside being held by khabib.

tibau didnt do anything in that fight beside being held by khabib.

Neither of them did anything. Khabib's "aggression" resulted in him landing less significant strikes than Tibau did.

The fight is by far the most discussed evenly matched snoozefest in MMA history.

The RDA Tony fought was better than the one Khabib fought so they aren't the same.

Josh Thomson is arguably a better win than Iaquinta.

Your strategic placement of comparing guys is clearly just to favour your boy.

Also, conor has yet to prove he is a great LW.

He beat one ranked fighter and one basically retired one.

Pettis has absolutely proven more at LW than Conor.

Al:

6786968567.JPG

Josh:

678697678.JPG

in fact, I would argue that Pat Healy was better than Josh at the time

7856756758567.JPG

RDA was in his prime and his legendary run in the LW division and Khabib beat him in the middle of what was going to be the 1st 10 win streak in LW

6785675674568.JPG

Im a Khabib fan and i think he has a better resume, Conor and the 0 on his record. Thats pretty rare in todays worlds

But one thing is a fact that if Khabib vs Ferguson will be one of the best fught UFC ever put, because theyre the two best p4p fighters in the world today. It would be like Prime BJ vs GSP, Cain vs JDS. Theyre both simply the best fighters in the world in my opinion.

itd be one of the biggest travesties in MMA history if these 2 never fight

Al:

View attachment 506295

Josh:

View attachment 506297

in fact, I would argue that Pat Healy was better than Josh at the time

View attachment 506301

RDA was in his prime and his legendary run in the LW division and Khabib beat him in the middle of what was going to be the 1st 10 win streak in LW

View attachment 506293
great post,thanks.
dont think that anyone can say something against it but guess the easiest thing to say for the haters are that the fighter was not on his run ( like RDA ) and ring rust ( Conor ) and shit like that.

Last edited:
The RDA Tony fought was better than the one Khabib fought so they aren't the same.

Josh Thomson is arguably a better win than Iaquinta.

Your strategic placement of comparing guys is clearly just to favour your boy.

Also, conor has yet to prove he is a great LW.

He beat one ranked fighter and one basically retired one.

Pettis has absolutely proven more at LW than Conor.
the rda tony fought is not better than the rda khabib fought. tony fought rda coming off a KO loss. khabib fought rda on a 5 fight winning streak. stop lying to yourself.

For the record, I think Khabib's resume' is a little better, even though I'm a MUCH bigger fan of Tony. Just to show that I am looking at it objectively and not letting my personal bias enter in.

But Conor>>Pettis?

We are talking about LW right? Conor is 1-1 at LW, and 2-2 at any weight above 145. I just don't buy that we transfer all of his accomplishments at a lower weight up to 155 and assume that's a much better win than Pettis (former LW champ that actually DEFENDED his title multiple times).
pettis that fought tony is a pettis thats losing to featherweights and can barely hold a 2 fights winning streak. LOL. if you think for a moment that pettis is a better fighter than conor, even in his prime let alone at the moment youre delusional. everyone beats pettis probably everyone in the top 10 of all 3 divisions fw, lw and ww beats pettis atm.

Khabib's record is not "padded", but Tony still has the better record, IMO. Still, they are both really good and I don't think you can ever call Khabib the GOAT until he beats Ferg (and vice versa).

Jarl
tony does not have a better record than khabib. he has more losses than khabib. hes been knocked down more times than khabib and fought lesser competition than khabib. and no, if they never fight, khabib will always be looked at as someone superior to tony. if they both retire today, khabib > tony. one is a champion who never lost and defended a belt, while one is a guy who barely wins and never been a champion, only interim. khabib is superior at the moment and will be superior when they fight.

pettis that fought tony is a pettis thats losing to featherweights and can barely hold a 2 fights winning streak. LOL. if you think for a moment that pettis is a better fighter than conor, even in his prime let alone at the moment youre delusional. everyone beats pettis probably everyone in the top 10 of all 3 divisions fw, lw and ww beats pettis atm.

My point wasn't that Pettis is a "better" win, just that people vastly overrate the Conor win. The guy I quoted put 2 >> toward Conor indicating he thought it was a MUCH better win.

Conor was 2-1 above 145 when he fought Khabib. One KO win, one majority dec win, and was finished in his loss. I'm not making up these things, they are facts. If others want to really put a ton of stock in on his FW run as it applies to LW that's fine, I just don't.

Back