Better: Palhares at heel hooks or Ronda at armbars?

East European

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Who's technically better: Rousimar Palhares at heel hooks or Ronda Rousey at armbars?

Both got majority of their wins through those submissions.

Last edited:
RIckson arm bars

Palhares is like SSJ3 and Ronda is still kaioken..... Palhares is submitting high level fighters while Ronda is fighting Saibamen

Both are very good. On this forum everybody was calling Palhares a one trick pony, hey is the first man in mma to submit Jake Shields, and it was via kimura, and fitch by kneebar bytheway

Palhares is like SSJ3 and Ronda is still kaioken..... Palhares is submitting high level fighters while Ronda is fighting Saibamen

You,sir,just won the thread.

In a more specific note,Palhares submitted guy who were never been submitted(Pierce,Fitch,SHIELDS),while Ronda armbarred Saibawomen.

Both are very good. On this forum everybody was calling Palhares a one trick pony, hey is the first man in mma to submit Jake Shields, and it was via kimura, and fitch by kneebar bytheway

Tbf, Belcher really did make Palhares look one-dimensional on the ground. Once Belcher shut down several leg lock set ups Palhares had nothing else to offer off of his back. Then he was pounded out.

His WW stint has been the best work of his career and against high level comp.

Two of my most recent favorite submission finishes, partly cause I dont like either. Too bad he held it too long vs Shields

I don't give Paul Harris much credit for the Shields sub, raking the shit out of someone's eyes makes them easier to do just about anything to.

Still, Harris' heelhook is A+ level skill-wise

So is Honda's armbar

I don't give Paul Harris much credit for the Shields sub, raking the shit out of someone's eyes makes them easier to do just about anything to.

Still, Harris is A+ level skill-wise

So is Honda's armbar

Palhares was beating the shit out of Shields in that third round even before the sub, especially some nice body work. If eye poking was enough to sap the energy out of someone like that GSP would have probably gassed against Jake. I'm not defending the eye poking from a moral standpoint but it didn't have very much to do with the outcome either.

Palhares, obviously, since he catches quality opponents.

Palhares was beating the shit out of Shields in that third round even before the sub, especially some nice body work. If eye poking was enough to sap the energy out of someone like that GSP would have probably gassed against Jake. I'm not defending the eye poking from a moral standpoint but it didn't have very much to do with the outcome either.

I don't buy that. Jake was in that fight getting eye raped, and yelling at Mazzagatti, while having to fight. That affects everything.

jake-shields-eye-gouges.jpg

Greatest analogy of all time.

Belcher would weep against Palhares if they had a BJJ match, that's for sure.

Still, Harris' heelhook is A+ level skill-wise

So is Honda's armbar

I bet you don't give Jones much credit then too.

I bet you don't give Jones much credit then too.

Jones is the GOAT LHW. Gotta give the devil his due.

He is also a known eye rapist, but he spreads it out over many fights.

I think Paul Harris saved up a big bag of eye rape just for this one fight, lol. Mostly because he was losing. Shows his character, not that we didn't already know.

I doubt the eye pokes were much of a factor, actually. You can grapple with your eyes closed, after all.

Back