Better for business if Conor or Khabib wins?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Conor of Khabib winning this first fight between them.

Who winning would be better for the UFC? I smell rematches, Nate Diaz fights, Tony Ferguson and Dustin Porier luriking, etc. If Conor just starches Khabib in round 1 (highly unlikely) I smell a WW title fight or a GSP fight.

Obviously Connor as he is the cash cow.

But fuck me. I'll be annoyed if he gets selfish again and doesn't defend.

Khabib winning =

dana_white-surgery.png

I don't really care I just want to see who is the better fighter.

Short term Conor for sure. That's a big win and they will get another huge PPV probably. Not sure how long he's gonna fight though

I would say long term it's better if khabib wins, but I'm not sure what he has said about his plans for the future and how long he wants to fight. If he isn't planning on going anywhere then that could be good for the UFC. But he also has the history of not being active

I will go with Conor just because it could keep the general casual fans invested for a bit

Obviously Conor...

He has a horde of male groupies who would sell their souls just to trim his pubes...

Once upon a time, these losers paid $5 just to watch someone ask Conor questions...
giphy.gif

Conor of course

(And I hate the Guy)

Conor, that way the can set up a Interim tittle fight in the future when Mcnuggets refuses to defend.

Definitely Khabib, because then the UFC can take the rematch to Moscow (Luhzniki Stadium - capacity 81,000) or St. Peterburg (Krestovsky Stadium - capacity 65,000)

EDIT: Then they could actually schedule the rematch in Russia 6-8 months out to allow plenty of time for training camp, PLUS organize a mini-world tour to promote. Go to Moscow, Dublin, and Vegas.

Khabib will never break 500k buys without Conor, so....

Definitely Khabib, because then the UFC can take the rematch to Moscow (Luhzniki Stadium - capacity 81,000) or St. Peterburg (Krestovsky Stadium - capacity 65,000)

True but. Conor winning decisively sets up Conor vs GSP and Conor vs Nate 3,

That has nothing to do with Khabib defeating him the first fight though. Khabib can whip him, then they do the huge Russia rematch, Conor gets the win, THEN we talk a GSP superfight.

Moe money moe money!

Nate Diaz is a huge "if" because he's got a tall task in Poirier, if he even shows up.

True but. Conor winning decisively sets up Conor vs GSP and Conor vs Nate 3,

That has nothing to do with Khabib defeating him the first fight though. Khabib can whip him, then they do the huge Russia rematch, Conor gets the win, THEN we talk a GSP superfight.

Moe money moe money!

Nate Diaz is a huge "if" because he's got a tall task in Poirier, if he even shows up.

Meh. Porier is a good style matchup for Nate

Conor easily. No one gives a shit about Russia. 99% of the country doesn't have electricity let alone the capacity to buy a PPV.

Conor easily. No one gives a shit about Russia. 99% of the country doesn't have electricity let alone the capacity to buy a PPV.

But does khabib winning set up an even more lucrative rematch? If Conor loses he is no doubt going to want to get that win back as soon as possible . And Im sure khabib would oblige given the money he would make. And the Diaz rematch will ALWAYS be there for Conor

If Conor wins... Im not so sure he will want that rematch. He will move on

Khabib because he won't spend 1 year + parading with the belt and not defending.

Plus Khabib will defend against anyone and we have more chances of seeing Khabib vs GSP since we know Khabib wants to fight GSP.

Back