better fighter: Khabib, Usman or Umar?

JAL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
are Umar and Usman Normagomedov better than Khabib when khabib was their age and not in the UFC?

specially Usman since he fights at LW.. would he have beaten him before Khabibs UFC career?

discuss..

He’s my least favourite Usman

I think Umar will have the best career among Khabib's relatives unless injuries derail him

He looks to be a better grappler than Usman and has nasty kicks too

are Umar and Usman Normagomedov better than Khabib when khabib was their age and not in the UFC?

specially Usman since he fights at LW.. would he have beaten him before Khabibs UFC career?

discuss..
There's nothing to discuss.
Usman would not be as good if Khabib did not help him train.
Besides, one (Khabib) proved he belonged at the top.
The others have yet to beat top tier opponents.

Their striking is more advanced than Khabib's was at this point because they started with muay thai first, then went to wrestling

This kind of thread explains why, whenever a world class fighter/personality emerges from a particular region, every major promotion goes in search of a clone.

Bellator went and signed every fighter they could from Ireland the second Conor became a megastar; they were naturally going to sign a Nurmagomedov so they could feed him cans and ask meaningless questions like 'iS hE bEtTeR???'

I mean, who knows, Umar and Usman might do something equivalent to what Khabib did, but they're about 15 fights short, so there's as much point comparing them to Khabib as there is comparing Shavkat Rakhmonov or Joey Davis.

Is it mandatory to buy into the whole clone storyline?

The one that fought in 3rd to last fight last night has better striking than any version Khabib by a lot. His grappling seems pretty solid as well. But Khabib is the greatest MMA grappler I have ever seen. Too bad he won't go to UFC becasue of Islam -- unles Islam fades.

The one that fought in 3rd to last fight last night has better striking than any version Khabib by a lot. His grappling seems pretty solid as well. But Khabib is the greatest MMA grappler I have ever seen. Too bad he won't go to UFC becasue of Islam -- unles Islam fades.
He is 7 years younger than Islam. By the time he is ready for UFC, Islam might retire.

He is 7 years younger than Islam. By the time he is ready for UFC, Islam might retire.
LOL. whats he gonna do wait 3-5 years to go to UFC ? Islams not exactly old and just entering titel contention. ................................. the again with the rate the Dagestanis fight 5 years is only 3-5 fights.

Hard to say right now, but Usman's combination of high level striking and grappling at the same time is astonishing, even amongst the Nurmagomedovs.

Usman has better all-around skills.

Khabib would have trouble with the kind of matchup of Usman's skillset.

LOL. whats he gonna do wait 3-5 years to go to UFC ? Islams not exactly old and just entering titel contention. ................................. the again with the rate the Dagestanis fight 5 years is only 3-5 fights.
He has a contract with Bellator, and islam is 29-30 now. If he is going to follow Khabib like trajectory, in 3-4 years he is going to retire. By that time Usman will be like 26-27, and have enough experience.

He has a contract with Bellator, and islam is 29-30 now. If he is going to follow Khabib like trajectory, in 3-4 years he is going to retire. By that time Usman will be like 26-27, and have enough experience.
why the fuck would Islam retire at 34 -35 if hes doing good ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back