Better fight for Sonnan

joshbish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This Belfort fight is a better fight for Sonnan. If he wins, he gets another top level MW fight, and gives him the chance to climb back up..if that's what he wants. I know he just wants to take out everyone from Brazil, which I think is funny, but this fight is one where he can gain position in the MW division. Fighting Wand does NOTHING for him.

This being said, I think that Sonnan can beat Belfort...it just depends on if we see the Belfort that was murdering everyone in that division before he had the TRT issues. I think this is a great fight...I look forward to it.

vitor has better striking, power, and bjj.
sonnen has better wrestling and cardio.

im going to no trt vitor still.

Sonnen has no chance of winning

He is getting KTFO

Sonnen against Headkick Godzilla aka Vitor Belfort, smh. Sonnen is gonna get smashed

I wouldn't say it's better since Chael would've beaten Wanderlei easily, but since they're both off of TRT I think if Chael goes straight at Vitor he can win it.

Sonnen has no chance of winning

He is getting KTFO

Do you cry every time you see this?

sonnen-gill.gif

I'm guessing you thought that Shogun was going to KO Sonnan too?

How is Vitor and Shogun even comparable at their stages of the their career. Just because he takes the most logical root you basically call him a hater. Vitor is going to bang out Chael in a round. Stay mad

How is Vitor and Shogun even comparable at their stages of the their career. Just because he takes the most logical root you basically call him a hater. Vitor is going to bang out Chael in a round. Stay mad

i wasnt shocked at all chael beat rua, i expected as much, if chael beats vitor i will be shocked

Sonnen is one dimensional. All he has is his shot and then LnP. Watch Vitor throw a nasty uppercut when Sonnen tries to shoot. Both Vitor and Rumble have been throwing nasty uppercuts when guys try and shoot in on them. Chael is getting KTFO!!!

Sonnen himself said it best. Wand was an easy fight for him, Belfort is a very hard one.

He gains more if he wins this, but it's a much harder fight imo.

Wanderlei was the better fight for Sonnen. It was a win against a name fighter, which is the only thing Chael needs. Can he beat Vitor? Yes. But it is a much more difficult fight. Chael came very close to surviving 1 round against excellent wrestlers Jon Jones and Rashad. If he can survive one round against Vitor, I think this is his fight.

Tougher fight, but he can still pull it off.

He gains more if he wins this, but it's a much harder fight imo.

Absolutely..that's the point of the post. It's a MUCH harder fight.That being said, he has way more to gain, especially since it's a #1 contender fight.

Ranking wise this is a better fight for Sonnen, but fight wise this is much worse. I definitely see Sonnen getting dropped and finished via gnp.

At what weight are they fighting because im pretty sure the wanderlei fight was at 205

Sonnen is in for a world of hurt come UFC 175

Back