avatar_advance_styleC_WC22382_B_2_framed1_1170x.jpg
terminator-good.png

71gPLutLzBL._AC_SL1219_.jpg

71i6L1vZjiL._AC_SL1058_.jpg

Fincher
v1.bTsxMTIxMDI0NDtqOzE4NTM0OzEyMDA7MTE3NjsxNTY4
Gone_Girl_Poster.jpg
v1.bTsxMTE2Njc4MjtqOzE4NTM0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

MV5BMmEzNTkxYjQtZTc0MC00YTVjLTg5ZTEtZWMwOWVlYzY0NWIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

706045-b.jpg

Fincher's 11 movies have grossed $2,109,720,866 worldwide.
Cameron's 14 movies have grossed $6,234,727,355 worldwide.

<VinceCa$h>

T2 and Titanic are my favourite ones in this bunch so Cameron for me.

Pretty close in terms of filmography, imo.

Can see the next Avatar films being a massive flop, though. $1billion budget? :eek:.

Both very good if a little uneven filmographies but Cameron reached higher highs.

The Terminator is Cameron's best but people also sleep on his massive hits because you can't explain why they were huge without people experiencing them at the time in the theater.

Aliens... Out of all of his work, is a definite masterpiece.

A film that literally holds up today better than anything out there of the genre and better than many many other films in other similar genres.

The GOAT is Cameron and Aliens is his best.

Fincher has arguably stayed more consistent and is more "adult" but dispite making more blockbusters I think Cameron suffered less from over slickness, the kind of modern "Oscar proved" style of Finchers work that turns me off outside of maybe Fight Club and Zodiac.

James Cameron is in the master class of film making. From camera work, to the perfect balance of story telling, drama, action, while shooting everything in a way that doesn't feel aged or over done. He's a prime example of substance over style.

David Fincher is a good director, maybe even a great one. But he's just nowhere near as well balanced or as masterful as Cameron is. But in his defense, not many are.

I like Finchers films more. After Terminator 2 and Aliens I would probabaly take about 5-6 Fincher films before the next Cameron film

Cameron has a much smaller catalog, but a higher quality level among what is there. I'm no fan of Avatar or Titanic, but Terminator to Aliens to the Abyss to Terminator 2, to True Lies is a high level of quality output. His deep sea documentaries are interesting as well.

Fincher, I enjoy many of his films, but all his films look similar and it's not a look I enjoy.

Aliens... Out of all of his work, is a definite masterpiece.

A film that literally holds up today better than anything out there of the genre and better than many many other films in other similar genres.

The GOAT is Cameron and Aliens is his best.
Yes, Fincher is definitely better now, more interesting, more cerebral; but Aliens is top ten all time.

James Cameron. T2 and Aliens are just too much.

Last edited:
Back