Better comeback, Big George, or Tiger?

Oh horseshit
They were both the same age on their comeback, except Randy Couture was not only coming back from a KO loss, he moved up a weight class heavier

Randy's was more impressive imo

I have CBS nightly news on, and they are calling Tiger Wood's comeback the greatest of all time.

In the Legendary Nights episode for Moorer and Foreman, Lampley says that he is asked, which is the better comeback, Big George or Jack Nicklaus? Lampley says, well, Nicklaus wasn't getting hit in the face.

Anyways, Nicklaus was what, 46? when won his late Masters title? Tiger is now 43

I still think Foreman's comeback is much more impressive. I would also like to watch him currently fight Tiger Woods.

They’re making way too much of it! The greatest golfer of all time has overcome his injury/personal problems and wins a major! Good for him, but is it that incredible in a sport where middle aged men can still compete at the top level. He still hits the ball as far as his younger peers! He’s not the only golfer that suffers with injury

Even though George did not beat The absolute best guys on his comeback, he still beat some top fighters and won a version of the title. In a hard and dangerous sport where age will play a huge factor. Definately more impressive

oh, and from what i hear, golf isn't so demanding that guys can't play when they get older. so, george i guess.
i think it’s tough on ur body in the sense that ur body is in such an awkward position for so long especially for guys with unorthodox swings. i don’t know shit about golf either but i’ve heard tiger’s swing is a big reason for his injuries

They were both the same age on their comeback, except Randy Couture was not only coming back from a KO loss, he moved up a weight class heavier

Randy's was more impressive imo
eh it was a weight class randy used to compete at and moorer faced better relative opposition than timmeh

They’re making way too much of it! The greatest golfer of all time has overcome his injury/personal problems and wins a major! Good for him, but is it that incredible in a sport where middle aged men can still compete at the top level. He still hits the ball as far as his younger peers! He’s not the only golfer that suffers with injury

Even though George did not beat The absolute best guys on his comeback, he still beat some top fighters and won a version of the title. In a hard and dangerous sport where age will play a huge factor. Definately more impressive
The guy who got 2nd was ranked 9th on the PGA tour I believe, Foreman wasn't ranked when he fought Moorer, and only ranked #10 by the IBF.

Foreman went 20 years (1974-1994) between championships.
Tiger went 11 years (2008-2019)

Foremans is a bigger deal.

Foreman. And it's not even close.

LOL actually you're right. It does matter. The best of the best in the world all in one place at the Masters, competing in an extremely technically challenging sport. In order to win the tournament you have to be superior for 4 straight days and 72 holes and 250-350 swings..
I wasn't being sarcastic, I don't know shit about golf rankings.

I'd say George at first but then I heard that Tiger Woods came back from 4 back surgeries. People thought he would never play again. Foreman didn't suffer any such debilitating injuries before his comeback.

I'd say George at first but then I heard that Tiger Woods came back from 4 back surgeries. People thought he would never play again. Foreman didn't suffer any such debilitating injuries before his comeback.
wonder if it was the surgeries or his personal life or both. it was after the domestic shit that he fell apart. I kinda doubted him for a long time, great champions come through shit like that, well, he finally did, good for him.

Agreed, 10 year age gap vs. 19 year age gap. Also Moorer was better at boxing than Sylvia was at MMA imo.
Sylvia was an underrated HW champ. His losses were just so one sided that people tend to forget that.

wonder if it was the surgeries or his personal life or both. it was after the domestic shit that he fell apart. I kinda doubted him for a long time, great champions come through shit like that, well, he finally did, good for him.
Back surgery for a sport where you don't really have a lot of movement doesn't seem like much.
I mean Peyton Manning had fuckin neck surgery and came back and won a Super Bowl a few years later in a sport where people are trying to crush him.

But George at 45, fighting men trained to fight, and winning, is a hell of a fuckin accomplishment. Bigger than Tiger I would say

Back surgery for a sport where you don't really have a lot of movement doesn't seem like much.
I mean Peyton Manning had fuckin neck surgery and came back and won a Super Bowl a few years later in a sport where people are trying to crush him.

But George at 45, fighting men trained to fight, and winning, is a hell of a fuckin accomplishment. Bigger than Tiger I would say
both comebacks are impressive, in one way though, just in one way, i'd say tigers comeback is more impressive, it's because he was the golden boy for so long, didn't have to struggle, had it easy and that was all taken away. Although george went through a period where he was killing everyone, it's hard to be a boxer and not have some humility in the process, it really is. Other sports? they're all generally prima donnas. so to come back from the faux confidence he had, that's pretty impressive, because he's coming back from a confidence that wasn't real, it wasn't like the champions confidence that we're used to seeing. He was a pussy in how he dealt with a lot of the problems he had.

Foreman by way of golf not being a sport.

only boxing comparison i could possibly think of is if roy jones had ever come back from his kayo losses, he was a guy who never looked to struggle and skated by on natural talent.

Don't know anything about golf, but boxing is as much skill as it is athletic talent. Golf might swing more towards being a skill than an athletic pursuit, but it's still a sport in my mind. Plenty of old out of shape boxers with fading reflexes have beat insane athletes based on just having more skill and experience too.

I still say the Foreman comeback was more impressive, but Moorer beats him nine times out of ten and I do think luck had a lot to do with him getting a title shot in the first place because without his name and story Foreman didn't really deserve a shot in my mind.

Gotta go with Foreman.

and let's keep in mind, Michael Moorer was kicking the shit out of Foreman for like 9+ rounds.

I seriously thought the Ref was going to do a mercy stoppage.

I honestly don't think all the domestic issues and change in perception had much to do with it. It was mostly the fact that his body just completely fell apart.

Randy against Big Tim and Gonzaga.

Beating Tim wasn’t that much of a shock for me but manhandling Gonzaga after he decapitated Cro-Cop was spectacular.

It doesn’t look so good in retrospect considering Murko never amounted to much in the UFC, but still.

Last edited:
Back