Better comeback, Big George, or Tiger?

cottagecheesefan

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I have CBS nightly news on, and they are calling Tiger Wood's comeback the greatest of all time.

In the Legendary Nights episode for Moorer and Foreman, Lampley says that he is asked, which is the better comeback, Big George or Jack Nicklaus? Lampley says, well, Nicklaus wasn't getting hit in the face.

Anyways, Nicklaus was what, 46? when won his late Masters title? Tiger is now 43

I still think Foreman's comeback is much more impressive. I would also like to watch him currently fight Tiger Woods.

who the fuck here knows anything about golf? not me. i'm happy to see tiger come back though after all the bullshit he went through all for getting a little too much poon.

oh, and from what i hear, golf isn't so demanding that guys can't play when they get older. so, george i guess.

Boxers just have to bet one guy on one night, who may be having a bad night.

Golfers have to defeat an entire field, 18 times.

George never had to really beat the best to be the best. Not sure if that applies to golf.

Don't get the animosity towards golf. Nothing but respect from me, it is very hard to master, and like any sport, younger people have the adv. I only made this thread because I just saw that claim (Greatest Sports comeback ever) on national news.

I actually feel both are on about the same level in terms of niche/popularity. I would guess, world wide, both have about the same talent pool size, but one drawing from poorer people and the other from wealithier people.

Don't get the animosity towards golf. Nothing but respect from me, it is very hard to master, and like any sport, younger people have the adv. I only made this thread because I just saw that claim (Greatest Sports comeback ever) on national news.

I actually feel both are on about the same level in terms of niche/popularity. I would guess, world wide, both have about the same talent pool size, but one drawing from poorer people and the other from wealithier people.
I think its because its pretty much the only sport that requires 0 athleticism.

I think its because its pretty much the only sport that requires 0 athleticism.

I think it takes more than 0.

But for the sake of argument, who you got in a 1v1 street fight. Tim Sylvia at his prime, or a 42 year old Foreman?

Further. who you think wins in a 1v1, life and death struggle, Prime Foreman, or Prime Secretariat, the horse? No weapons or anything, just pure brutality and animality.

Last edited:

But for the sake of argument, who you got in a 1v1 street fight. Tim Sylvia at his prime, or a 42 year old Foreman?

Further. who you think wins in a 1v1, life and death struggle, Prime Foreman, or Prime Secretariat the horse? No weapons or anything, just pure brutality and animality.

He's no Clinton Woods. You'd have to give George a weapon if they ever fought.

tumblr_ojy19rKWtz1smsmqro2_500.gif

Further. who you think wins in a 1v1, life and death struggle, Prime Foreman, or Prime Secretariat the horse? No weapons or anything, just pure brutality and animality.
Horse.

if you told me at the start of George announcing he was coming back he'd win the HW belt I'd have laughed my ass off at you. same scenario re Tiger I'd have said perhaps...

I thought Randy Couture's comeback against Tim Sylvia was more impressive than Foreman/Moorer

if you told me at the start of George announcing he was coming back he'd win the HW belt I'd have laughed my ass off at you. same scenario re Tiger I'd have said perhaps...
with george everyone laughed, no one took him seriously and he used that to his advantage. Old men play golf, even me, never having watched the sport know that. Old men don't typically win boxing titles at 45.

George never had to really beat the best to be the best. Not sure if that applies to golf.
LOL actually you're right. It does matter. The best of the best in the world all in one place at the Masters, competing in an extremely technically challenging sport. In order to win the tournament you have to be superior for 4 straight days and 72 holes and 250-350 swings..

I’m going with Foreman, since boxing is much more physically demanding than golf. Not that golf is not hard, but maintaining your swing as you age must be easier than boxing 12 rounds in your 40s.

There are 4 major golf tournaments a year. You don’t have to battle your way through the rankings, you just have to have one great weekend. If Tiger wins 2 of them I’ll be very impressed.

He's no Clinton Woods. You'd have to give George a weapon if they ever fought.

You mean old George? If Mercer did what he did to Sylvia I don’t see why George couldn’t put his lights out. He was also freakishly strong but I don't know how that would of played out in avoiding getting taken down. How good was Sylvia in bjj? Didn’t Couture do what ever he wanted with em on the ground? (Im not too deep in MMA) lol. Id give George a chance didn't he use to run uphill with a fucking goat on his back? Bite a burger throw a goat on Tim...

69C8C74F-DF58-4E10-8863-93EB96D95F4D.jpeg

Foreman, mainly because each match in a boxing comeback puts your body through more trauma in training camp and the bout than a golf tournament. I've sparred and I have played golf.

When I came home from sparring the first time, I took a shower, got in bed and told everyone I was not to be disturbed.

When I came home from playing golf, I took everyone out to dinner and a movie.

Back