Better comeback, Big George, or Tiger?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by cottagecheesefan, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:09 PM.

1. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Silver Belt

I have CBS nightly news on, and they are calling Tiger Wood's comeback the greatest of all time.

In the Legendary Nights episode for Moorer and Foreman, Lampley says that he is asked, which is the better comeback, Big George or Jack Nicklaus? Lampley says, well, Nicklaus wasn't getting hit in the face.

Anyways, Nicklaus was what, 46? when won his late Masters title? Tiger is now 43

I still think Foreman's comeback is much more impressive. I would also like to watch him currently fight Tiger Woods.

PHATV likes this.
  2. mozfonky

mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

who the fuck here knows anything about golf? not me. i'm happy to see tiger come back though after all the bullshit he went through all for getting a little too much poon.

3. mozfonky

oh, and from what i hear, golf isn't so demanding that guys can't play when they get older. so, george i guess.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  4. djacobox372

djacobox372 Gold Belt

Boxers just have to bet one guy on one night, who may be having a bad night.

Golfers have to defeat an entire field, 18 times.

5. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

George never had to really beat the best to be the best. Not sure if that applies to golf.

nastyleft likes this.
  6. cottagecheesefan

Don't get the animosity towards golf. Nothing but respect from me, it is very hard to master, and like any sport, younger people have the adv. I only made this thread because I just saw that claim (Greatest Sports comeback ever) on national news.

I actually feel both are on about the same level in terms of niche/popularity. I would guess, world wide, both have about the same talent pool size, but one drawing from poorer people and the other from wealithier people.

7. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I think its because its pretty much the only sport that requires 0 athleticism.

ssx likes this.
  8. cottagecheesefan

I think it takes more than 0.

But for the sake of argument, who you got in a 1v1 street fight. Tim Sylvia at his prime, or a 42 year old Foreman?

Further. who you think wins in a 1v1, life and death struggle, Prime Foreman, or Prime Secretariat, the horse? No weapons or anything, just pure brutality and animality.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 5:46 PM
    Soul_of_Rage and Shoemaker like this.
  9. Shoemaker

Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE**** Platinum Member

A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You
    He's no Clinton Woods. You'd have to give George a weapon if they ever fought.

10. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

[​IMG]

Horse.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  11. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

Randy against Big Tim and Gonzaga.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  12. Absolut

Absolut Black Belt

if you told me at the start of George announcing he was coming back he'd win the HW belt I'd have laughed my ass off at you. same scenario re Tiger I'd have said perhaps...

13. Queen B

Queen B Silver Belt

I thought Randy Couture's comeback against Tim Sylvia was more impressive than Foreman/Moorer

14. mozfonky

with george everyone laughed, no one took him seriously and he used that to his advantage. Old men play golf, even me, never having watched the sport know that. Old men don't typically win boxing titles at 45.

Absolut likes this.
  15. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

LOL actually you're right. It does matter. The best of the best in the world all in one place at the Masters, competing in an extremely technically challenging sport. In order to win the tournament you have to be superior for 4 straight days and 72 holes and 250-350 swings..

16. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I’m going with Foreman, since boxing is much more physically demanding than golf. Not that golf is not hard, but maintaining your swing as you age must be easier than boxing 12 rounds in your 40s.

There are 4 major golf tournaments a year. You don’t have to battle your way through the rankings, you just have to have one great weekend. If Tiger wins 2 of them I’ll be very impressed.

Jonny Ninja and City_Lights like this.
  17. HandNoise

HandNoise Green Belt Platinum Member

You mean old George? If Mercer did what he did to Sylvia I don’t see why George couldn’t put his lights out. He was also freakishly strong but I don't know how that would of played out in avoiding getting taken down. How good was Sylvia in bjj? Didn’t Couture do what ever he wanted with em on the ground? (Im not too deep in MMA) lol. Id give George a chance didn't he use to run uphill with a fucking goat on his back? Bite a burger throw a goat on Tim...

69C8C74F-DF58-4E10-8863-93EB96D95F4D.jpeg

18. RizinSon88

RizinSon88 I tread the left-hand path.

Foreman, mainly because each match in a boxing comeback puts your body through more trauma in training camp and the bout than a golf tournament. I've sparred and I have played golf.

When I came home from sparring the first time, I took a shower, got in bed and told everyone I was not to be disturbed.

When I came home from playing golf, I took everyone out to dinner and a movie.

19. DeJulez

DeJulez Yellow Card Yellow Card

Oh horseshit

Athenry04 likes this.
  20. DeJulez

DeJulez Yellow Card Yellow Card

Foreman. Without question.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.