Better Chin, JDS, Hunt, or Nelson?

All three have great chins, but I think Nelson can take the most punishment.

nelson probably. but JDS has probably the greatest recovery.

If one thing that JDS is lacking, it's the abillity to recover from big shots.
He can take every punch and even when tired he is incredibly hard to finish.

We see a lot of fighters with good chins, but an even greater recovery speed

JDS has the opposite, granite chin with average recovery skills.

A good chin and recovery is supposed to keep you in the fight, or to get the upperhand in a war of attrition
Not just surviving for 5 rounds

So based on my criteria I would pick Mark Hunt, he has taken big shots but even came back to win some fights because of it or stayed competitive during it

1 Mark Hunt - granite chin and instant recovery, took an overhand JDS right hand only to get up in less than a second to fight back. Has been in a lot of wars in his K-1 fights and his MMA fights
2 Roy Nelson - can take tremendous punishment seems to not have an off button anymore but with decent recovery, he has never won a war for example
3 Junior dos Santos - granite chin but bad recovery. He can take any punch without going out but he can't seem to recover from it to the point where he gets back into the fight

All 3 have been stopped in their career, but are still able to take an enormous amount of punishment. How many overhand rights would it take to put these guys out?

All time, it has to go to Hunt's chin, but it already cracked. Nelson has the best chin now, no doubt.

If one thing that JDS is lacking, it's the abillity to recover from big shots.
He can take every punch and even when tired he is incredibly hard to finish.

We see a lot of fighters with good chins, but an even greater recovery speed

JDS has the opposite, granite chin with average recovery skills.

A good chin and recovery is supposed to keep you in the fight, or to get the upperhand in a war of attrition
Not just surviving for 5 rounds

So based on my criteria I would pick Mark Hunt, he has taken big shots but even came back to win some fights because of it or stayed competitive during it

1 Mark Hunt - granite chin and instant recovery, took an overhand JDS right hand only to get up in less than a second to fight back. Has been in a lot of wars in his K-1 fights and his MMA fights
2 Roy Nelson - can take tremendous punishment seems to not have an off button anymore but with decent recovery, he has never won a war for example
3 Junior dos Santos - granite chin but bad recovery. He can take any punch without going out but he can't seem to recover from it to the point where he gets back into the fight

Good Breakdown. Nelson as of right now but Hunto has best chin out all of them.

Back