Better Career, Chuck vs Rampage

At first I was thinking Page, but kinda forgot about the Chuck wins over Vitor and the Reem. Those are as impressive as some of Page's bigger wins. Slight edge to Chuck.

It's Coke vs Pepsi.

For me, Chuck. Because of his crazy KO streak (what was it, like 7 in a row? Including Randy who had never been ko'd?), and mainly his superstardom. Yeah I said it. What Chuck did for the entire sport of mma, inside and outside the cage, is far > anything Rampage has done. Even including the A-Team movie.

Everybody knew who Chuck Liddell was. Hell my grandmother knew who Chuck was. He is imo a HUGE piece of what launched the UFC to household name status. The UFC's rise was also a combo of the right sport at the right time, yada yada....but a gigantic (and often underestimated) part of the UFC's rise was due to Chuck fucking Liddell.
I think overall internationally Rampage is just as big as Liddel. If not more so. He definately was more popular in pride.

At first I was thinking Page, but kinda forgot about the Chuck wins over Vitor and the Reem. Those are as impressive as some of Page's bigger wins. Slight edge to Chuck.

Well dont forget about pages 2 wins againt Chuck. Thats more impressive

Really, really close. At the end of the day rather you like it or not, Rampage did unify the the titles which is a big fucking deal.

Chuck held the belt for much longer, but Rampage was the first unified champion and he finished Chuck twice. Close call.

Rampage, better career and fighter IMO.

Last edited:
Page, easy and not just cuz he ktfo Chuck. Page fought in tougher divisions against better competition in tougher times. Page beat both old school and modern. Fighters like Machida (tho I think it was a bs decision but still.)

Chuck, like Silvia was a big fish in a small pond. If it wasn't for that, we wouldn't be talking about him like we do. Don't get me wrong, he is an all time top 10 LHW but not near #1 like some people and the UFC would have you believe.

Bones
Shogun
Page / Wand
Wand / Page
Chuck
Ortiz / Forrest / Rashad / Randy / Machida, etc.

Rampage in terms of as a fighter. But Chuck had the bigger impact because he was much more important to the UFC than Rampage was to Pride, or the UFC later.

If you are making GOAT lists though, there's not much doubt that objectively Rampage ranks higher.
Randy Couture is the best win either of them have.
Chuck himself is a better win than Randy.

Chuck has ended his career as UFC VP with a share in the company...

Why is this even a question? Everyone knows that Chuck is better.

The fact that Rampage is winning the poll by a landslide just proves how many newbies are on Sherdog. It's just silly.

The fact that Rampage is winning the poll by a landslide just proves how many newbies are on Sherdog. It's just silly.

Provide some insight if you think its easy and not a question.

Is rampage's middle name Chuck?

Their careers are pretty damn even but I have to lean Rampage. I don't think Chuck could beat Vovchanchyn (even if was due to injury). He would have had to box Vovchanchyn and got his clock cleaned.

Skip to 3:00, or watch the whole thing ;)
[YT]KsthWyT0yhw[/YT]

Back