Better Career, Chuck vs Rampage

Define "better".

IMO Chuck put more fans in seats, and had a higher draw rate for PPV rather easily.

I know also that Chuck played his cards wisely and is still earning good UFC $$$ to this day without having to attempt to continue fighting after slipping out of the UFC.

He is most likely considerably better invested for his future than Rampage.

I guess I just don't understand the question.

Rampage had higher highs, to quote another user here, but he was always so inconsistent that it's hard for me to think of his overall career as "better" than Chuck's. What I mean by this is he basically lost 3 fights in a row before rising from the ashes to blast Chuck and win the title. You also have the actual 3 fight losing streak to close out his UFC career. On the other hand, Chuck only ever had that kind of a downswing at the end of his career when he was clearly past his best and unable to a compete at an elite level. Rampage certainly was a better fighter and has a stronger resume on paper though.
Quinton was too inconsistent on a top level for him to be above Chuck, despite beating him twice, while a lot of Chuck's bad losses came late in his run.
Agreed 100%.

Define "better".

IMO Chuck put more fans in seats, and had a higher draw rate for PPV rather easily.

I know also that Chuck played his cards wisely and is still earning good UFC $$$ to this day without having to attempt to continue fighting after slipping out of the UFC.

He is most likely considerably better invested for his future than Rampage.

I guess I just don't understand the question.

I never understand comments like this. You can answer this question however you please.

Better career means a lot of different things to a lot of different people so i didn't narrow it down.

I'm Rampage supporter but I would have to say Chuck career wise it seemed like there were more opportunities for him career wise and more classic battles than
Rampage had.

Chuck seemed to have a larger fan base in my perception, Quinton was far more charismatic and approachable. On the film side Chuck had more TV/Movie parts, but Quinton by far had the biggest movie and a major role.

At this point Rampage is still working his career so more to come. Good job on the piece TS very well layed-out and informative.

Easily Rampage because he consistently fought tougher competition and destroyed Chuck twice.

I'm Rampage supporter but I would have to say Chuck career wise it seemed like there were more opportunities for him career wise and more classic battles than
Rampage had.

Chuck seemed to have a larger fan base in my perception, Quinton was far more charismatic and approachable. On the film side Chuck had more TV/Movie parts, but Quinton by far had the biggest movie and a major role.

At this point Rampage is still working his career so more to come. Good job on the piece TS very well layed-out and informative.

You bring up some good points.

Thanks.

Rampage for me.Hell I believe he could still get a few wins against some lower top 10 guys...

rampage fought the better comp and didn't fall flat on his face after losing his belt, he just struggled too keep up.

You know what would clear this up?

Ramage vs Vitor and Rampage vs Tito.
If he can can beat those two then it becomes pretty clear to me.

Also, prime Couture beats prime Rampage imo.

You know what would clear this up?

Ramage vs Vitor and Rampage vs Tito.
If he can can beat those two then it becomes pretty clear to me.

Also, prime Couture beats prime Rampage imo.

Prime Rampage smashes Couture LOL

rampage by a mile.

beating chuck x2.. can't look past that.

(beating aka literally beating him down)

Chuck's title stint was immense, he was a Tysonesque figure as LHW champ for a few years. Was tough to imagine anyone beating him.
Rampage has beaten many quality opponents(including Chuck) but never had that awesome reign.

I use to rank Chuck higher on the lhw goat list.

Not anymore. Page all the way.

Rampage has a slightly better resume and was simply a better fighter.

Chuck's title stint was immense, he was a Tysonesque figure as LHW champ for a few years. Was tough to imagine anyone beating him.
Rampage has beaten many quality opponents(including Chuck) but never had that awesome reign.

It was akin to reigning right now in the Bellator FW division. It certainly is impressive, but more than half of the top fighters in the division weren't under the promotion.

I think what is often overlooked with Chuck was how late he started his MMA career. He was 29 when he had his first MMA fight. He was dominant when most fighters are in decline.

Back