Better Career, Chuck vs Rampage

Rampage. He fought much better competition. And Chuck was brutally KOd several times.

I was leaning towards Iceman until I really looked at Chuck's title defenses, pretty soft opponents.
Pages wins are much more impressive.

Plus this makes Wand's destruction over Rampage that much better lol

I think prime Rampage was the better fighter but Chuck had the better career given the fact that he had a sustained title reign (even if it did occur in the inferior MMA org)

It's kinda like Kobe Bryant vs Dwyane Wade. Kobe will go down as having the better career even though Wade was clearly the superior player

I was going to argue that this analogy didn't quite work, even though prime Wade clearly > Prime Kooby, since Kobe really has had more sustained excellence over his career. But getting carried to 4 of his 5 championships is similar to Chuck ruling the B-League. Good call.

Gotta go with Rampage... Even if I was leaning towards Chuck, all those KOs at the end of his career tarnished his legacy.

I think it's normal and admirable for an athlete to keep trying to compete even when his body is trying to tell him that it's over, from Michael Jordan to Muhammad Ali. Besides, getting knocked out by Rashad Evans, Shogun, and Rich Franklin is not an embarrassing way to end a career, it's a continued attempt to face the best the sport has to offer. Since sleepwalking against Teixeira and Bader all Rampage was done is pick off journeymen, and he has gifted the King Mo decision.

Liddell helped build the sport, even if Rampage had his number.

Although not against elite competition Rampage is on a 3 fight winning streak.

Chuck went 1-5 to finish his career, 4 being brutal ko/tko's.

Chuck went down on his sword. Rampage has been doing better in Bellator but his last few UFC bouts left something to be desired IMO. I hope he is used for some entertaining legends fights.

Chuck went down on his sword. Rampage has been doing better in Bellator but his last few UFC bouts left something to be desired IMO. I hope he is used for some entertaining legends fights.

I know that, and Chuck lost to elite comp (Shogun, Franklin, Rashad) so that has to be considered.

Right now though, i see no way Rampage will end his career worse than Chuck. Chuck is one of the greatest lhw's ever but his final fights were brutal.

Does factor in a little for me.

But i agree, hopefully Rampage can have a few winnable fun fights and go out on a high note.

I know that, and Chuck lost to elite comp (Shogun, Franklin, Rashad) so that has to be considered.

Right now though, i see no way Rampage will end his career worse than Chuck. Chuck is one of the greatest lhw's ever but his final fights were brutal.

Does factor in a little for me.

But i agree, hopefully Rampage can have a few winnable fun fights and go out on a high note.

No way dude. Liddell, Couture, Hughes, and Penn did it right, and you have to admire fighters who keep trying to compete until someone has to tell them it's time to quit.

Even if it means getting KTFO a couple of times.

No way dude. Liddell, Couture, Hughes, and Penn did it right, and you have to admire fighters who keep trying to compete until someone has to tell them it's time to quit.

Even if it means getting KTFO a couple of times.

It was time to quit for Chuck after the Shogun or even arguably Rashsad fight.

Rampage steamrolled him, Jardine kicked his ass for most of 3 rounds. Shogun starched him quickly, Rashad gave him the most brutal one punch KO in mma history imo, then he looked good against Franklin until he got KO'd by a punch he would have easily ate earlier in his career. (In between these fights i know he beat Wand)

Should have called it quits after the Shogun fight.

Chuck had a title run, and against better comp than what the usual word is. Rampage had 1 defense to Chuck's 4, while he easily could've had the same amount given his talent and the landscape then (Griffin, Wand and boxing mode Rashad). Quinton was too inconsistent on a top level for him to be above Chuck, despite beating him twice, while a lot of Chuck's bad losses came late in his run.

Ramps had the better overall career and doesn't have the KO in every loss streak to end his career.

Rampage on paper, but Chuck has the greater legacy.

Imagine that version of Wand fighting Chuck, would have been a crazy beatdown of Chuck, IMO.

Wand dropped him in the 2nd round. If Prime Wand was fighting Prime Chuck, Wand is stomping and kicking his way to a TKO victory. Chuck would need to rely on his wrestling, again.

Rampage had higher highs and has had a longer career, but Chuck was a long reigning champ so he wins

Funnily enough, though, Rampage made more in PRIDE as a contender than Chuck did as a champion in the UFC. If Rampage had fought in the UFC, we would be regarding Chuck the same as we regard fighters like Ricardo Arona, Babalu, and Kevin Randleman.

Back