Better Career, Chuck vs Rampage

Tuff choice. Chuck was at the top for longer but lost twice to Rampage. Ahhh, damn tough one. Fight math says Rampage but Chuck was king of the LHW's so I give Chuck the controversial split decision. If Rampage wins a couple fights upon his return, then you ask this question again, he wins the rematch lol Tough call still. Chuck was a huge huge name and still is.

As much as I like Chuck and can't stand Rampage's personality, I'd have to say Rampage has the more impressive resume.

I wonder how much of this has to do with Rampage fighting in Japan for so long.

Rampage. Every one of Chucks title defenses were against people he had previously knocked out, and Jeremy Horn who I am fairly certain moved up from 185 just for that fight. plus Rampage unified the titles, Finished Chuck twice and probably would have beat Randy and Tito in 2003 / at any point.

I think prime Rampage was the better fighter but Chuck had the better career given the fact that he had a sustained title reign (even if it did occur in the inferior MMA org)

It's kinda like Kobe Bryant vs Dwyane Wade. Kobe will go down as having the better career even though Wade was clearly the superior player

Rampage. Wins over guys like Igor, Lindland, Hendo, Arona, Wand, etc trumps Chuck's wins over AO, Mezger, Couture and Tito in my opinion.

Then there's always the fact that QJ is 2-0 over Chuck.

It's close but I picked Chuck because if you consider females in the vote it isn't even close. Rampage was harrassing dat AZZ while Chuck was hitting it. Tiebreaker goes to Chuck!

Rampage in terms of better competition and wins, but Chuck was/is more popular.

This is why I went for Chuck on this one. It's close, but when I hear "career", I think about popularity and money. I think Chuck takes that easily.

Chuck had the better career in the sense of bringing MMA into the mainstream and his fan base, but it's hard to deny Rampage as the better since he beat him twice.

Chuck because he was on top when the UFC was at the height of its popularity and because Rampage has sullied his reputation by being a whiner.

Page and quite clearly IMO. Chuck was good, but even during his title run, he was only ranked #1 briefly. Shogun and wand were generally ranked #1 for most of his title run.

Resume for resume, I give the edge to page and obviously H2H page wins it.

Rampage beat Prime Chuck and Prime Hendo.
Chuck beat Prime Couture and Prime Tito.

Rampage also unified the ufc and PRIDE belts. It's tough to not pick against Rampage.

I was leaning towards Iceman until I really looked at Chuck's title defenses, pretty soft opponents.
Pages wins are much more impressive.

I don't know how this is even in question, it's pretty obvious Rampage faced way stronger competition. People keep saying Chuck was LHW champ for a long time but if he was fighting people like Shogun, Dan Henderson, and Rampage regularly instead of Tito Ortiz or Randy Couture it's a pretty safe bet he wouldn't have defended his title as many times as he did.

I like both fighters but I don't think this one is even close.

Randy Couture is the best win either of them have.

How is this even a contest!?!?! Rampage beat a prime Chuck, not once, but TWICE!!!

Chuck was a bigger deal, more popular and more successful with the mainstream (I know, I know, A-team).

Rampage's resume is better, even when you count Chuck's reign in the B-League UFC. He's also lasted longer, beaten Chuck twice and isn't made of glass yet.

It depends what you're basing it on.

Gotta go with Rampage... Even if I was leaning towards Chuck, all those KOs at the end of his career tarnished his legacy.

Back