Movies Better Actor: Morgan Freeman or Brad Pitt?

Better actor

• Total voters
Pick the better actor

One is God in half his roles FFS. Easy win for MF.

Pitt but people forget how good Morgan was in stuff lke Street Smart.

I like Brad Pitt, but tbh I never saw him as an amazing actor. I know many will disagree with me. His accent in Inglorious struck me as mediocre, even thought so when I was a just a teenager.

His acting here was just... strange

Then again, he was amazing in Fight Club and True Romance, and Morgan Freeman plays the same character in many of his movies; the "Wizened old man"

Last edited:
Morgan freeman to me Is Morgan freeman every time I see him, however he has had enjoyable roles, where I couldn’t picture anyone else taking his spot. Pitt has far more range and can sorta chameleon into certain roles. I’ll take pitt for more memorable characters.

both are great actors, but Brad Pitt has more range.

Morgan Freeman is very similar in all of his roles. even when he was a villain in "Hard Rain" he was still Morgan Freeman.

Brad Pitt on the other hand has played a gruff, Nazi hating Solider
rs_600x600-190820151248-600-brad-pitt-inglorious-basterds-me-82019.jpg

an insane, maybe not insane person in 12 Monkeys.
upload_2022-1-22_11-1-30.jpeg

and a serial Killer in Kalifornia
cca7552bf6f57a294c7a375eacb3901303bb4a25.gifv

a Fuckboy in Thelma and Louise
upload_2022-1-22_11-2-20.jpeg

Tough call. They play such different types of roles. Pitt is usually the lead and the character is essentially a caricature. Freeman is usually a supporting actor who plays the straight man.

I'll go with Pitt simply because he has more range, but Freeman is damn good actor, and his roles in films like Unforgiven, Shawshank, etc are legendary.

Edit: I'll also add, though, that I thought Freeman outperformed Pitt in "Seven". Though tbf, Spacey stole the show from both of them.

Last edited:
One is an actor and another is Morgan Freeman. And this isn't a knock on Freeman, he's one of my 10 favorite actors but he doesn't have much range, basically just plays himself in every movie, even when he's playing God in a comedy. Pitt has incredible range, from Legends of the Fall to 12 monkeys to Fight Club just to name a few of the greats.

Pitt is a lot like Tom Cruise. Their pretty boy, leading man reputations lead a lot of people to undervalue their acting ability.

Pitt isn’t the greatest actor, but he’s still very good, and underrated.

Freeman is a treasure, but he barely shifts range.

I like Brad Pitt, but tbh I never saw him as an amazing actor. I know many will disagree with me. His accent in Inglorious struck me as mediocre, even thought so when I was a just a teenager.

His acting here was just... strange

Then again, he was amazing in Fight Club and True Romance, and Morgan Freeman plays the same character in many of his movies. Wizened old man

You are using Friends as a bench mark?

You are using Friends as a bench mark?
Lol its just an example. Others where I was underwhelmed with the acting was Se7en (Although I know people thought he was great in that) and Inglorious.

I enjoyed him in Fight Club, True Romance, and burn after Reading

Pitt is a lot like Tom Cruise. Their pretty boy, leading man reputations lead a lot of people to undervalue their acting ability.

Pitt isn’t the greatest actor, but he’s still very good, and underrated.

Freeman is a treasure, but he barely shifts range.
I've been saying this about them for like 20 years. When Brad popped his cherry and got the Oscar I was cockahoop. Cruise and him have proper suffered from being too pretty.

Lol its just an example. Others where I was underwhelmed with the acting was Se7en (Although I know people thought he was great in that) and Inglorious.

I enjoyed him in Fight Club, True Romance, and burn after Reading
What about the movie he won the Oscar for? Underwhelming?Benjamin Button? Kalifornia? Joe Black? Snatch? 12 Monkeys?

He's a beast of an actor ^ those were to name a few.

Morgan Freeman has the same role in most of his movies
There, I said it

Back