BetOnline Questions

PolarBearPaulVarelans

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Using the site for the first time, two questions come to mind;

1. What does "+5 Markets" by a fighter name mean?

2. I got $1k in freeplay (the max) for my deposit, but it has a roll-over requirement of 14 times $1k plus my deposit. Does that mean I have to bet it through that many times for it to be converted to my regular account?

In that case, it's almost as good as worthless.

If you click on the +5 markets, you’ll see some different props that you can bet on that fight

Man, their customer service reps are already making me miss Dimes.

The first guy I talked to had no clue what "+3/+5 Markets" meant and furthermore claimed that no one working at BetOnline would know, either. I laughed and hung up and immediately called back.

The second guy was much better and more helpful, but wasn't sure why I could use free play on certain MMA moneylines and not on others. Ultimately, he said that using freeplays on MMA was discontinued a month ago and would now be restricted to the "main sports" like football, baseball, basketball, etc.

Is that true? If so, my $1k in freeplay is worth maybe ten cents in actuality.

Bovada is the best book imo.
BOL sucks because they limit parlays.
ACR has a decent book too.

Using the site for the first time, two questions come to mind;

1. What does "+5 Markets" by a fighter name mean?

2. I got $1k in freeplay (the max) for my deposit, but it has a roll-over requirement of 14 times $1k plus my deposit. Does that mean I have to bet it through that many times for it to be converted to my regular account?

In that case, it's almost as good as worthless.

Go to the live chat and tell them you want to decline the bonus/freeplay, as long as you haven't used it yet they should take it back.

The Freeplays on BetOnline are littered with contingencies. You didn't say how much you deposited, but if you deposited $1,000 and received a $1,000 freeplay with a 14x rollover that means to cashout you must place $28,000 worth of sports bets.

Also, on each bet you make they only will apply the lower amount (whether it be the amount risked or the amount of potential winnings). So if you place a $150 wager at -150 then they will apply $100 (the potential winnings) towards your rollover requirement; not the $150 wagered (as they only apply the smaller amount).

Go to the live chat and tell them you want to decline the bonus/freeplay, as long as you haven't used it yet they should take it back.

The Freeplays on BetOnline are littered with contingencies. You didn't say how much you deposited, but if you deposited $1,000 and received a $1,000 freeplay with a 14x rollover that means to cashout you must place $28,000 worth of sports bets.

Also, on each bet you make they only will apply the lower amount (whether it be the amount risked or the amount of potential winnings). So if you place a $150 wager at -150 then they will apply $100 (the potential winnings) towards your rollover requirement; not the $150 wagered (as they only apply the smaller amount).

I know how rollovers work; I was just flabbergasted that the rollover requirements were so obscene. As for the X14 requirement, I deposited a lot more than $1k in one go, so my rollover requirement is a lot higher than $28k.

Not sure why I would tell them to cancel my freeplay, though; it's mostly worthless, sure, but why give it away?

I know how rollovers work; I was just flabbergasted that the rollover requirements were so obscene. As for the X14 requirement, I deposited a lot more than $1k in one go, so my rollover requirement is a lot higher than $28k.

Not sure why I would tell them to cancel my freeplay, though; it's mostly worthless, sure, but why give it away?

In my case at least, the bonus was completely worthless. I was rarely able to apply it to MMA, which is the only thing I bet on. I’m not sure if there’s a time limit for the rollovers, but eventually my “free play balance” just disappeared and I didn’t even bother questioning it.

Because you won't be able to cashout your winnings from your initial deposit until you complete the $28,000 rollover.

The $1,000 freeplay isn't just free money to play with, its there to force you to keep placing wagers for nearly the entire amount you deposited until you have wagered $28,000. I mean if you are cool with that best of luck and I hope you beat the rollover, but 14x for a Sports Freeplay is very high.

In my case at least, the bonus was completely worthless. I was rarely able to apply it to MMA, which is the only thing I bet on. I’m not sure if there’s a time limit for the rollovers, but eventually my “free play balance” just disappeared and I didn’t even bother questioning it.

If you lose the entirety of the deposit you made + the freeplay I believe under the terms of most bonuses the rollover will be removed from your account, though they have offered bonuses in the past that were not removed for months. I stopped taking their bonuses a while ago. They pay fast, but they also make it harder to clear rollovers than other bookies.

If you lose the entirety of the deposit you made + the freeplay I believe under the terms of most bonuses the rollover will be removed from your account, though they have offered bonuses in the past that were not removed for months. I stopped taking their bonuses a while ago. They pay fast, but they also make it harder to clear rollovers than other bookies.

Oh, wait.

So the first time that I wager, say, $1000 on a freeplay and win $666 on a -150 wager, that $666 is converted to my normal account, right? I thought I had to roll-over that free play amount 14 times to get it to the normal account.

Yeah, this makes infinitely more sense.

So I had an issue moving money over to bol. I talked to an agent and he told me I could use something called qb direct, a crypto exchange, through their website and avoid fees. I told him I used a credit card

well what he didn’t tell me was that it would be a cash advance. I could only deposit $250 at a time so I racked up a bunch of cash advance fees and interest.

Why on earth anyone would use this qb direct feature is beyond me, let alone a rep recommending it. I could have easily bought bitcoin with a debit card with nominal fees and deposited it

I was pretty pissed off. I e-chatted another agent today asking for money credited to my account. Of course they only give me half of what I asked for, but I guess it’s better than nothing

Back