Bethesda announcement incoming...it's Fallout 76

Fuck it I'm sold.

so it's going to be ESO in the Fallout universe with no NPCs just other players vs each other and the environment. After seeing that video I'm not really hating what I see just I'm just not sold on it yet. I'll wait for the reviews to see how it is I'm not looking forward to PvP I'm hoping it isn't like the division where PvP & PvE happens in the same area.

Lol at people comparing this to rust. You think Bethesda is going to mimic a game known for having one of the worst communities?

I would think a AAA studio would do as much as they can to make sure their game is mainstream enough that their title won’t be called “toxic”

And I am sure they know many of the people who play their games are not the same people who play survival games that require you to actively play the game every few hours.

I don’t know if the game will be any good though

It has nothing to do with Rust. The shoot on sight mentality is present in every game with PvP so why think that Bethesda, of all developers, will succeed where others failed? The game isn't launching with private servers or mods so they've already "failed".

Personally I don't have a problem with it as it's part of the deal. Rest assured players will be griefed, trolled, and killed repeatedly and there's nothing you can do without private servers, mods to disable PvP, or the option to not participate like passive mode in GTAV.

OK, this explanation of the PvP system is making me think I'm back on board. I'm kind of digging the "wanted murderer" option actually.

Fuck man the more I see of this game the more I think I might not play it. IGN has been posting lots of gameplay footage and it looks like hot MMO garbage. The graphics look like shit and characters move around the screen janky as fuck.

I wasn't sold on it when it was announced and now i'm even less interested in this multiplayer mod for Fallout 4.
I think it looks okay, but I don't want to be stuck fighting a level 50 creature without any support lol. I hope there is a multiplayer matchmaking system like Destiny has. It links you to random people who have the same objective/quest.

I'm not sure it's even possible to be less excited about this game at this point.

Gonna be an easy pass for me.

Probably gonna wait and see what people think. I don't get why people are ripping on the graphics, though...they look about on par with Fallout 4, no?

Maybe I'll make this third priority after RDR2 and AC Odyssey. Which means I may never get around to it.

Was excited as hell for this to play with some friends but I think I'm gonna pass. Will be buying RDR2 instead, even though I'm forced to play it on console.

Probably gonna wait and see what people think. I don't get why people are ripping on the graphics, though...they look about on par with Fallout 4, no?
Hard to tell from the video alone but from what I see it has that janky ass papier mache look a lot of MMOs have and the character models look disconnected from the world and float around.

I thought the criticism was a little much after the reveal, but it seems like it's going to be a mess, a real hodge-podge with no underlying spirit. No NPCs? What the shit is that? Slaughtering raider bands is what keeps you moving through the wasteland.

they're on par with FO4 because it's a mod of FO4. The whole development promo said that the only things they've changed besides the obvious stuff is how the player connects to the game so going from where everything revolves around you in FO4 to where the game is opened up so it's a MMO in Fallout 76.

this game looks like a piece of shit and it has microtranactions and its not on steam? Yep fuck no..

Fuck man the more I see of this game the more I think I might not play it. IGN has been posting lots of gameplay footage and it looks like hot MMO garbage. The graphics look like shit and characters move around the screen janky as fuck.

Agreed. I wanted so bad to get into ESO as I love that series but the graphics are shit. I hope this isn’t the death of single player RPGs.

Fallout 4 had really underwhelming game graphics when it initially launched...3 years ago. Being on par with a game that already looked bad isn’t anything to be proud of.

Fallout 4 had really underwhelming game graphics when it initially launched...3 years ago. Being on par with a game that already looked bad isn’t anything to be proud of.
On an mmo scale though? I'd call it acceptable.

Back