Bethesda announcement incoming...it's Fallout 76

My Fallout love is saying give it a try..

My wallet is saying no no no, not at full price.

Don't do it man. Don't give Bethesda any more reasons to think this game would work by paying full price for it. For the love of Fallout, bro.

Im completely torn on this game.

On one hand i LOVED Fallout 3,NV, and 4. So i want to give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand im wary of games switching to an online model. It rarely works and when it does its a completely different game.

My example is GTA. I loved the GTA series but now its GTA online or nothing at all. The online world completely ruined the single player experience.

I hope that is not the case with Fallout 76 but when i heard there would be zero npcs it worried me. Why? Why not have towns with NPCs in them? WOW does it just fine. I dont understand the reasoning for that.

Also as buggy as the fallout series generally is, i dont see the online experience being smooth sailing.

Ill probably wait and see how its reviewed. So far it doesnt sound great.

Everyone is completely right to be wary of this game. Fallout is single player. This is not Fallout. It's cognitive dissonance at it's finest to turn something that was a complete single player experience for so many generations of gamers and then completely multiplayer it.

Fallout is a brand and it's a lot like when brands in real life put out some gimmicky shit. People are not going to think fondly of it and it has the potential to really tarnish a brand or companies reputation. Everything about Fallout 76 just points to cheap money grab.

Last edited:
Just cancelled my preorder. Have heard nothing but negative things about the Beta. Really FUCKING disappointed by this. Was so hopeful that this wouldn't be the Elder Scrolls Online version of Fallout but apparently that's what it is. Between this shit and the Elder Scrolls phone game I'm beginning to really dislike Bethesda. It all feels like cheap garbage intended to suck money out of the consumer for as long as possible.

I liked this more than I thought I would.

Has sort of a Borderlands/Diablo feel to it rather than traditional Fallout and I'm alright with that. The game revolves around looting.

It's not being marketed as a traditional fallout. You either like looting/improving style of game play or you don't. Materials are very important not just for building your camp but for upgrading and repairing your equipment.

I rather like how flexible the perk and camp system is. I think a big issue with these persistent online games is that your character and items are only persistent on one server.

It's quite unique how you can server hop with all your gear intact. You can also pickup and rebuild your camp anywhere without losing any materials.

My brother enjoyed the beta but I'm holding off for a bit. RDR2 is gonna consume my life for the remainder of this year.

Here’s the dumbest question you’ll read today.

NPC just refers to non played characters like factions, Nick valentine etc. It doesn’t refer to enemies does it?
It can refer to enemies. Benny is an NPC. He's also an enemy (in most playthroughs).

Back