Bethe's strategy was actually good

Lol yes it was a good strategy. Come forward then realize your not gonna be able to hang on the feet, back up to the cage and get knocked out.

That's how long her other past 2 opponents lasted combined.

And at least she landed a few good shots.

Yes, on a scale of 1 to 10, her last two opponents scored a 1. I would give Bethe a solid 1.1 so yeah, she did better than those other two.

Gave her the best 30 seconds of her life. I give the same output to my wife every night.

As much as I dislike rousey , bethe was done before she started . as she was walking out I legit thought she was gonna burst into tears . never really seen fear in a fighters face like that until tonight ... And I was rooting for her ...

That's how long her other past 2 opponents lasted combined.

And at least she landed a few good shots.

Well if you want to call those good shots...

Ronda walked right through them.

Bethe's strategy was actually good

You're right. She actually managed to hit Ronda's fist with her face.

ozqr1.gif

A good strategy would have been to use a bit of lateral movement if Ronda happened to push forward like she did instead of getting pushed to the fence and mauled. If she'd been able to move to the side and jab a bit, Bethe might have seen that fabled 45 second mark.

Ronda showed much better generalship of the cage in that brawl. The big punches backed Bethe up because she would have gotten wrecked in the pocket.

Bethe didn't do anything wrong. She tried to move and keep Rousey off with teh jab, which is a textbook opening strat vs Ronda.

She simply doesn't have the footwork, reach, power to keep Ronda off her. This was a disgrace of a title shot and everyone knew it from the moment it was announced.

She was scared to strike with her after she got hit once, there was a big power difference.

Back