Dec.17th Beterbiev vs Marcus Browne Top Rank

Dev is getting a title eliminator to fight Charlo even though he's lost his last two against GGG and Charlo. Nothing makes sense in boxing.
hell these days, 95% of the time i read any news there's a mandetory title fight, the challenger is somebody I never heard of.

And I think They are making that eliminator cause they want Monguia an easy shot against a "relatively big name". Not saying he's a slouch, but he's reaching the dreaded 36 after those couple of losses you mentioned softened him up, with a combined world series and pro fights being exactly 40 and ammies being 410 bouts, I can see him ripe for the picking rn.

Funny that the first thing I thought about was nick getting a shot at GSP's belt even though he lost to the last guy who got it in carlos.

Are you boxing scout? What other fighters do you have in your sparring catalogue and what is your channel name?

No not a boxing scout. I wish though lol! From like 2009-2011 and a little bit in 2015-2016 I used to be pretty close with John David Jackson up in Fort Lauderdale and Jorge Rubio in Miami. A couple other gyms too. I was friends with MOST of their fighters. In the 2009-2011 days, Dvds were still relevant, not all cameras had phones lol, and I just as a hobby would video tape sparring at both their gyms quite often. Of course not everyone would let me, but most did. Some of the boxers even encouraged it because I’d always bring them a copy on DVD a day or 2 later. I have some pretty good footage, never released to the internet. Probably one of the most notable sparring sessions I filmed was Yordenis Ugas vs. Nate Campbell. I have Campbell and Ugas vs. a couple other people as well. I got Teofimo Lopez a couple times at 13 years old. Andre Dirrell vs. Anthony Dirrell which was pretty darn interesting lol. Magomed Abdusalamov vs. Fres Oquendo. Ahmed Elbiali vs. almost every boxer around his weight in south Florida. Luis Ortiz a few times. A few other Cubans. Jean Pascal once. King Mo. A few other notables. . . I didn’t always get so lucky though. Couldn’t film Yuriorkis Gamboa, Luis Franco, Breidis Prescott, couple others lol. Totally understandable of course. There’s tons of others but I’m trying to think of the names that people may recognize. I’d like to give it more time, but one day I’d love to upload the entire collection to YouTube. I feel like the longer I wait, the more epic it’d be. Hundreds of sparring sessions from a couple decades ago all of the sudden randomly popping up on YouTube. I think some would go pretty viral. I have Joel Julio knocking someone completely unconscious

No not a boxing scout. I wish though lol! From like 2009-2011 and a little bit in 2015-2016 I used to be pretty close with John David Jackson up in Fort Lauderdale and Jorge Rubio in Miami. A couple other gyms too. I was friends with MOST of their fighters. In the 2009-2011 days, Dvds were still relevant, not all cameras had phones lol, and I just as a hobby would video tape sparring at both their gyms quite often. Of course not everyone would let me, but most did. Some of the boxers even encouraged it because I’d always bring them a copy on DVD a day or 2 later. I have some pretty good footage, never released to the internet. Probably one of the most notable sparring sessions I filmed was Yordenis Ugas vs. Nate Campbell. I have Campbell and Ugas vs. a couple other people as well. I got Teofimo Lopez a couple times at 13 years old. Andre Dirrell vs. Anthony Dirrell which was pretty darn interesting lol. Magomed Abdusalamov vs. Fres Oquendo. Ahmed Elbiali vs. almost every boxer around his weight in south Florida. Luis Ortiz a few times. A few other Cubans. Jean Pascal once. King Mo. A few other notables. . . I didn’t always get so lucky though. Couldn’t film Yuriorkis Gamboa, Luis Franco, Breidis Prescott, couple others lol. Totally understandable of course. There’s tons of others but I’m trying to think of the names that people may recognize. I’d like to give it more time, but one day I’d love to upload the entire collection to YouTube. I feel like the longer I wait, the more epic it’d be. Hundreds of sparring sessions from a couple decades ago all of the sudden randomly popping up on YouTube. I think some would go pretty viral. I have Joel Julio knocking someone completely unconscious
Thats sounds awesome man! Post a thread on sherdog when ever you drop the whole collection onto youtube. Do you still film sparring sessions anymore? Obviously I wouldnt expect you to release videos of current pro's so their opponents cant get a glimpse of there sparring sessions.

Thats sounds awesome man! Post a thread on sherdog when ever you drop the whole collection onto youtube. Do you still film sparring sessions anymore? Obviously I wouldnt expect you to release videos of current pro's so their opponents cant get a glimpse of there sparring sessions.

Yes eventually, probably a few more years down the road, I’m gonna start uploading them! I’d start from the very first one I ever filmed, Yan Barthelemy in April 2009, and work my way up. Definitely wouldn’t wanna upload anything from anyone who’s still active. It’s a lifelong project! I figure in 2024 I can upload the ones I filmed in 2009. In 2025 the ones I filmed in 2010. And so on! It’s something I’m definitely considering.

Sadly, since 2018, the only sparring I have on video, is of me lol! And I really really suck! It’s quite embarrassing haha. I have a couple videos of me getting absolutely owned by this guy https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/962355 At the time he didn’t even have an amateur fight yet. It’s definitely awesome watching him progress and be 5-0 as a pro knowing I used to get knocked around by him back in the day lol!

good fight rankings-wise but i don’t think browne has much for beterbiev tbh i see this one going maybe 6 rounds

Beterbiev's 2nd best opponent by a wide margin. Browne is a pretty flawed fighter, but he's good at certain things. Still can't believe he struggled so much with an ancient Pascal, though.
You mean Mr.Juice.

Hard to.see.Browne lasting long considering he was getting bounced off the canvas by an old Pascal

Beterbiev's 2nd best opponent by a wide margin. Browne is a pretty flawed fighter, but he's good at certain things. Still can't believe he struggled so much with an ancient Pascal, though.

Pascal was using PED's again.

Beterbiev is going to KO Browne. Does anyone think that Canelo vs Beterbiev will happen in 2022?

Beterbiev is going to KO Browne. Does anyone think that Canelo vs Beterbiev will happen in 2022?
Beterbiev will ko Browne…

At this point who knows … what are canelo’s plans with the weight divisions… I don’t think he moves to 175’

Imo Canelo will fight David Benavidez at 168 after Caleb Plant and then start fighting at 175. If I could map it out Canelo would fight Plant in November then David Benavidez in May 2022 and then Beterbiev in November in 2022. I think this is a real possibility.

Imo Canelo will fight David Benavidez at 168 after Caleb Plant and then start fighting at 175. If I could map it out Canelo would fight Plant in November then David Benavidez in May 2022 and then Beterbiev in November in 2022. I think this is a real possibility.
I think Artur is a very bad matchup for Saul and Canelo should avoid Beterbiev.

If the Browne who showed up the night he beat Jack shows up again this could be interesting for while it lasts. I was already happy with it as a mandatory, but Browne not just showing up to get paid would be nice.

Doesn't really excuse Browne's performance, though. I imagine Pascal has been doping regularly throughout the late stages of his career (if not his whole career) and he still hasn't looked that good.

You think he got exposed or fought irregularly bad that night?

I think Artur is a very bad matchup for Saul and Canelo should avoid Beterbiev.
i thought he definitely was when canelo beat kovalev. beterbiev finished gvozdyk around the same time and it was clear to me he'd put a serious beating on the ginger if they met.

but that was 2 years ago and beterbiev is now 36. canelo will likely fight him when he's pushing 38 and i don't care how bad of a motherfucker you are, 38 is over the hill for a light heavyweight. artur diminishing with age makes this a competitive fight, one that canelo can finish if he waits it out long enough.

Back