Beterbiev joins ESPN

wtf dmitry. all the guys are with ESPN now, jump ship to ESPN. don't sign to DAZN

I heard Beterbiev wants to challenge Usyk at CW later this year. Probably won't work with him going to ESPN.

I just want to see Beterbiev fight more often. I've been a huge fan of his since he wiped out Jeff Page Jr. on Showtime.

Probably wants the Kovalev/Alvarez winner.

I heard Beterbiev wants to challenge Usyk at CW later this year. Probably won't work with him going to ESPN.
That was probably his plan but jumped ship since Usyk is unoffcially at heavyweight now

I guess he has to hope Usyk will even be at CW later this year
That was probably his plan but jumped ship since Usyk is unoffcially at heavyweight now

Yeah the thing is there is some rivalry between them. Beterbiev feels as if he beat Usyk's ass in the amateurs and can't be at rest seeing Usyk get all that fame and millions as a pro.

Personally would like to see Beterb at CW and Usyk at HW.

Yeah the thing is there is some rivalry between them. Beterbiev feels as if he beat Usyk's ass in the amateurs and can't be at rest seeing Usyk get all that fame and millions as a pro.

Personally would like to see Beterb at CW and Usyk at HW.
He also lost to Usyk at 2011 worlds and 2012 Olympics. It's not like I take Korobov's win over Usyk when he was an amateur 17/18 year old super middleweight into consideration for how a fight would go now.

He also lost to Usyk at 2011 worlds and 2012 Olympics. It's not like I take Korobov's win over Usyk when he was an amateur 17/18 year old super middleweight into consideration for how a fight would go now.

But some people thought Beterbiev was robbed in those fights.

But some people thought Beterbiev was robbed in those fights.
everybody thinks a close fight in which the favorite is made to feel uncomfortable even the slightest is a robbery.

everybody thinks a close fight in which the favorite is made to feel uncomfortable even the slightest is a robbery.

I mean robbery or not Beterbiev probably feels he has Usyk's number and would like to cash in on the superstar. Like I said I prefer Usyk to go after the big fish at HW. I was excited when I heard rumors about a possible Povetkin or Ortiz fight.

Fuck, ESPN really stacked the LHW lineup. Of the Boxrec/Ring/TBRB top ten ESPN has Beterbiev, Kovalev, Alvarez, Yarde, and Gvozdyk if I'm not mistaken.

It'd be interesting to see how well Beterbiev could carry the weight since he's been fighting as a LHW for a few years. He was clearly bothering Usyk with his power and he's quite a bit more mobile than Gassiev is. I could potentially see it either being a Gassiev or Briedis type of affair for Usyk.

It'd be interesting to see how well Beterbiev could carry the weight since he's been fighting as a LHW for a few years. He was clearly bothering Usyk with his power and he's quite a bit more mobile than Gassiev is. I could potentially see it either being a Gassiev or Briedis type of affair for Usyk.

I don't think Usyk fights anyone at cruiserweight again besides Lebedev, that's really the one name there he hadn't cleared out yet, so we'll see.

Back