Bestest, most comfortable work boots

I have to wear 6" boots, and these timberlands have been far and away the best. They look like something from a 90's rap music video, but they're comfortable and durable as hell. I've had them for about 14 months and nothing has fallen apart yet.

timberland-6-inch-premium-work-boots-wheat-nubuck.jpg

I wore Timberland Pro 1112A because I had to have 8 inch Electrical Hazard rated boots. They have a non-metallic safety toe. I have size 14 feet. Where I worked paid for a new pair every year and they would last a couple of years before I wore the soles out or stepped on something hot. I've got 3 new pair still in the box. I wear them when I mow lawn, work in the shop and in the winter when the snow gets deep.

timberland-boondock-8-inch-waterproof-composite-toe-work-boot-1112a-4.jpg

I've been using Kodiaks for the last ten years. For me it's about a flexible sole, composite rather than steel toes, a sturdy toe cap, oil and slip resistant bottom, and having a hook or handle of some kind to pull them on with. If you're somewhere with cold ass winters like we have here get a pair with thinsulate. Buy a quality insert, make sure to waterproof them and you're all set. Above all else make sure they fit properly. I spend too much damned time in mine so I'm really picky.

None of that matters if you buy a cheap brand though. I find Redwing overpriced for what you get, and Cats don't seem to last.

your "papa"?

the hell? this isnt some village in 300b.c.

go back to your time asshole.

He's a European immigrant. Grew up in WWII Germany and made his way across North America as a steamfitter putting in pipelines. The guy remembers hearing Hitler speak live over the radio, probably inspired Clint's character in Gran Torino - and he actually met Clint at a Caddy dealer in California decades ago, and could kick your ass even though he's in his 80's. If he told you to call him Papa, you'd call him Papa, followed by "sir."

Reebok water resistant comp toe. On my second pair, fixin to get a third in about a week.

timberland-pro-6-helix-m-18132-456z.jpg
I'm working in a plant that requires metguard boots . these temberland pro are pretty comfortable as far as other metguard boots I've had . I'll probably try the regular safety toe version eventually. as far as decent comfort , durable and long lasting waterproof boots I've had my best luck with rocky boots

I have a pair of orthopedic flip flops that are about $100. They aite.

yhst-11400100427085_2428_308333045

I got some blundstones when they first came to canada and they were comfy as hell, but they werent csa compliant. Once they were made csa compliant, they got less comfy and looked like shit.

He's a European immigrant. Grew up in WWII Germany and made his way across North America as a steamfitter putting in pipelines. The guy remembers hearing Hitler speak live over the radio, probably inspired Clint's character in Gran Torino - and he actually met Clint at a Caddy dealer in California decades ago, and could kick your ass even though he's in his 80's. If he told you to call him Papa, you'd call him Papa, followed by "sir."
guess papa didnt teach you to be humble..

Id break your papa...and I admit...Im pretty arogant...on and off the computer....

guess papa didnt teach you to be humble..

Id break your papa...and I admit...Im pretty arogant...on and off the computer....

No, Papa didn't. He pretty much believed in the competence of the Germanic peoples that stemmed from them having pride in their work, work ethic, and a culture that privileged education. That attitude isn't one that leads to humility... It leads to a lot of German knives, German cars, and things from Germany in the house. Not all the lessons stuck, but it lead me to believe that there wasn't much out of my reach if I went at it like the idealized krauts he raised me believing in.

Also, I doubt it. Some people think they're tough guys. Some people have backed it up. 99% of the people on the internet who think they're tough will never back it up like the old coot that raised me did.

I have to disagree, Red Wings where great now there pieces of shit, my work supplies our boots and I've had 3 pairs of red wings in 6 months and all have fallen to bits
you sound fat.

JK but Red Wing makes some boots in America and some in crap countries. The ones made in crap countries are crap boots. You pay twice as much, but it's worth it.

you sound fat.

JK but Red Wing makes some boots in America and some in crap countries. The ones made in crap countries are crap boots. You pay twice as much, but it's worth it.
No I'm not fat and yes the boots are made on Indonesia, very comfortable but just not durable

I'm wearing Oliver AT'S at the moment, slot of people complain about breaking them as there hell on the feet blister wise, but personly I've never had a problem
dtS0Yci.jpg

Last edited:
I got some blundstones when they first came to canada and they were comfy as hell, but they werent csa compliant. Once they were made csa compliant, they got less comfy and looked like shit.
If I have to buy boots which is rarely I always buy blundstone
exqouxY.jpg

I use hiking boots at work I don't require steel toe,I hate steel toe and I do a lot of walking and climbing.

I want a pair of Corcoran 995 side zip boots. They'll probably be uncomfortable as shit until they are broken in though. My old Dr. Martens were the same way.

I've had Wolverines, DeWalt, Brahams, Skechers work boots among others. So far, I'd say Skechers has been the most comfortable to me. I'll try Red Wings when my boots needs replaced. I'm rocking Skechers with Dr. Scholls, slip resistant, composite toe and water resistant.

Skechers-76829-ST-Tennis-Shoe-88512590347_image1__69282.1432357037.600.600.jpg

used to hate schekers because their model is britney spears lol

but man, their go walk shoes are so comfy and still can absorb weight shocks

I had some Danner's that were nice.

Back