best wrestlers (in the world) are gonna get beat in Future UFC/MMA WRESTLING IS NOT BEST MMA BASE

He didn't shoot for a takedown he froze up and panicked like most wrestlers do when a big knee is coming their way
No, he ducked because he saw Masvidal running at him and thought it would be an easy TD. That's how Askren fights.

I guess my point is it’s already been for years that the BEST in these individual sports are not the BEST in mma

Yes exactly

overspecialization is a bad thing

just because wrestlers are dominating American MMA today doesn't mean that wrestling is the best base for MMA

there are lots of other reasons

check out this thread if you want to see them broken down

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-real-reason-wrestlers-dominate-the-ufc-american-mma.3959991/

Well regardless, fighters and trainers don’t always make great analysts.

Yes that's an excellent point

in fact the best fighters are never the best coaches and rarely the best analysts

Yes exactly

overspecialization is a bad thing

just because wrestlers are dominating American MMA today doesn't mean that wrestling is the best base for MMA

there are lots of other reasons

check out this thread if you want to see them broken down

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-real-reason-wrestlers-dominate-the-ufc-american-mma.3959991/
I guess we agree then , I was taking issue initially for singling out wrestling but I don’t think that was your point

No, he ducked because he saw Masvidal running at him and thought it would be an easy TD. That's how Askren fights.

No he didn't duck
Or bob

he stuck his hands out in a push and stuck his face down in a panic

He never lowered his level

looking down is not a duck and its NEVER a good idea

ducking involves bending your knees and keeping your head over your shoulders

Weaving is when you don't bend your knees but roll your waist

poor ben panicked and did a "dive" maneuver

NEVER a good idea

Last edited:
I guess we agree then , I was taking issue initially for singling out wrestling but I don’t think that was your point

Yeah I'm singling out wrestlers because they are the flavor of the month but it applies to all over "specializers"

No he didn't duck

he stuck his hands out in a push and stuck his face down in a panic

He never lowered his level

looking down is not a duck

ducking involves bending your knees and keeping your head over your shoulders

Weaving is when you don't bend your knees but roll your waist
He literally went for a TD.

D-18FTCXoAEbyly

See how Ben's arm is extended trying to grab the leg? That's called a "TD attempt" in MMA

D-18FTCXoAEbyly

See how Ben's arm is extended trying to grab the leg? That's called a "TD attempt" in MMA

thats not a take down. if it is that is the most terrible looking takedown attempt in history

D-18FTCXoAEbyly

a REALLY bad one

your supposed to NOT lean our head over and "dive" in

thats not a take down. if it is that is the most terrible looking takedown attempt in history
He got kneed in the face. Of course it's terrible.

But yes, he did go for a TD. You think he just extended his arm for balance?

It's a takedown attempt, Askren just didn't put his head in the right spot, if his head is a couple of inches to the left he would have gotten the takedown instead of eating the knee.

He got kneed in the face. Of course it's terrible.

But yes, he did go for a TD. You think he just extended his arm for balance?

no he didn't. if you look at the fight stats on google you will see 0 takedown attempts

no he didn't. if you look at the fight stats on google you will see 0 takedown attempts
Ah okay, so don't watch what actually happened in the fight, go to Google and get the stats as entered by some random person

<36>

I guess what happened to Askren last night and Pico getting slaughtered sold you.

LOL do you really think the sport has evolved to its ultimate form in 2019?

Of course not the sport is always evolving, but I think 6/8 champions being wrestlers is more telling than one wrestler getting KOed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back