Best/worst transition from Pride to UFC fighter?

EricaLovesUFC

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Best I would have to guess Hendo, worst I would have to guess CroCop.

Anderson Silva for best, with Werdum close.
Crocop’s was the worst, unfortunately.

For immediate transfers Rampage is the best.

Since strikeforce was purchased by UFC and still use their rights I think the worst transition was fedor. Considering fedor was only 32 in his first SF fight against gatekeeper Rogers (17-10) current record…fedor went 1-3 losing to gatekeeper HW Bigfoot and MW Hendo.

Fedor cause it never happened

Since strikeforce was purchased by UFC and still use their rights I think the worst transition was fedor. Considering fedor was only 32 in his first SF fight against gatekeeper Rogers (17-10) current record…fedor went 1-3 losing to gatekeeper HW Bigfoot and MW Hendo.

Rogers was undefeated until Fedor decapitated him. He took the loss so hard, he's now gay in prison.

Rampage

A. Silva

Shogun was a bust, but he finally came through for us and restored the forces by beating Machida 2x (thank you Shogun).

Gomi didnt do shiat either besides HL Tyson Griffen I thinks

Rogers was undefeated until Fedor decapitated him. He took the loss so hard, he's now gay in prison.
Fedor was losing that entire fight until his Hail Mary wild brawling swing…ended up going 0-3 the next 3…

Heath Herring worst
Yea. Thats gotta be it. That shit retired him. Brock smash was eye opening for sure.

Actually it was eye closing if I remember correctly. Broken orbital in the 1st rnd lol

Gomi's UFC run was pretty bad

Tbf he was fighting in Sengoku and looked like shit in a couple bouts before he even came to the UFC. Everyone knew he was pretty much done. Nobody seriously though Kenny Florian would kick his ass though, that was a stunning because of how hard he actually fell and how fast.

Best Rampage, worst Wandy. Rampage was only finished by the GOAT in the UFC and is still going strong. Wandy's career sunk like a rock after two fights. Cro Cop at least on occasion showed just enough to taunt his fans to thinking same old Cro Cop returning could happen. But after like 3 years Wandy's name was the only thing keeping him from getting cut.

Don't know how Hendo's transition was good when he got two title shots at the same time and zero belts. Sure he remained relevant for another decade but he was the champ in Pride(and would be again in Strikeforce).

Back