Best workout for Jiu Jitsu with these weights..

The Crocodile

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have these weights at home and was wondering with what I have what are the best exercises I can do?

Bench Press .. flat/incline/decline
Squat rack
Dumbbells.. they are light though about 20lbs each I haven't been able to get more weight
Jump rope
Curl Bar that's about 50 to 60 lbs
Neck exercise .. basically put it on your head hand a weight and move your head up and down

So just curious with what I have how can I make the best of it and train for Jiu Jitsu .. Thank you All !

The heaviest weight you have is 60 lbs? you would probably be better off doing body weight exercises.

I have these weights at home and was wondering with what I have what are the best exercises I can do?

Squat rack
Dumbbells.. they are light though about 20lbs each I haven't been able to get more weight
Jump rope
Neck exercise .. basically put it on your head hand a weight and move your head up and down

So just curious with what I have how can I make the best of it and train for Jiu Jitsu .. Thank you All !

DAY 1

Bench
Squat
Row

DAY 2

Overhead Press
Straight-legged Deadlift
Pull-up

The heaviest weight you have is 60 lbs? you would probably be better off doing body weight exercises.

Probably this,
as your linear progression would stop very quickly, And probably couldn't even Be done with the squat for 60lbs.

Maybe you could join a gym?

Probably this,
as your linear progression would stop very quickly, And probably couldn't even Be done with the squat for 60lbs.

Maybe you could join a gym?

He says the curl bar is sixty pounds. I assume he has other weights for the bench and squat rack.

Squat rack
Jump rope

Start by thinking about your style of jiu jitsu, what are your strengths and weaknesses? (not too familiar with the names of moves) If your on the bottom and and you want to shoot up with your to knock the person off who's mounting you, mimic this movement by putting the bar on your hips and birding up. Get in the push up position with a dumbbell in front of each foot, then pull your knees into your chest, walk forward and repeat. That would give you a stronger guard. Turkish get ups would be good, too. You could do pulling exercises and wrap a towel around the bar to work your grip strength
Also, I'm not sure about bench presses because you would never do that in practice, you'd just get arm barred.
Hope that helped

Squat rack
Jump rope

depends, do you plan on putting the bench on your front porch?

Back