Best without a belt

rampageSmackson

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
A lot of people say Kenny Florian is the best fighter to never win a title in the UFC. He had three shots and came up empty handed every time. What do you guys think? Pedro Rizzo fought two or three times for the UFC title too...I'd say Hendo tops the list with Kenny being a close second, Fitch is up there too. Did I miss anyone?

UFC 17, Hendo beat Goes and Newton.

The best fighter who's fought in the UFC who never got the gold there is, imo, Cro Cop.

Rizzo is a good choice. I felt he beat Couture in their first fight. Plus, we can't forget this:

30cakbc.jpg

and this:

koski.gif

UFC 17, Hendo beat Goes and Newton.

The best fighter who's fought in the UFC who never got the gold there is, imo, Cro Cop.

Oh yeah! Good call. Though to be far Cro Cop was a little past it when he landed in the UFC.

Oh yeah! Good call. Though to be far Cro Cop was a little past it when he landed in the UFC.

That's the eternal debate :)

I'm a huge fan, but thought he looked the same physically against Sanchez, GG and Kongo; his training without a cage is another story. He put on weight in Dream and looked like he gained not only that, but also 10 years when he came back. RIP ripped CC after that.

Gray Maynard is probably the answer here. HM to KenFlo

Chael.
Maynard
Fitch
Cormier

Chael was middleweight champion. When he tapped to Anderson he thought it ended the round, not the fight. He won 4 rounds to 1, that's why he had the belt.

Back