Best wireless power tool brand?

TS is likely a homosexual gimmick but I still voted DeWalt due to battery life.

Hilti-SFC-22-A-Cordless-drill.png

I've only used corded hiltis, but they are quality. Voted milwaukee because it seems the best at a reasonable price.

Living in Wisconsin means sometimes using cordless tools in the cold and Lithium ion batteries don't work in the cold. [at least the ones in Milwaukee tools]

I use Dewalt 18 volt because they still have nickel-cadmium batteries available and their batteries are more reasonably priced so you can afford to have more of them. Milwaukee batteries are so expensive that it is almost cheaper to buy a tool with two batteries and a charger than buying two extra batteries. Milwaukee has transitioned to mostly lithium ion.

Hilti is renowned as the finest power tool money can buy. German made and very expensive. I used to use makita, had 7 piece set. Sold them cause i thought i was moving overseas. That didnt happen so i had to buy new tools. A friend of mine urged me to get milwaukee and im glad i did. Shitloads of skins, super torquey, excellent batteries and great overall quality.

Always had good luck with Makita. Only brand I've had problems with is Craftsman.

have used bosch and makita,never had problems

Hilti definitely outdoes those other brands on a jobsite by a landslide, but they are expensive so there is usually few of them (for the companies I work for, anyway...). As far as the other brands go, I agree about Milwaukee. DeWalt after that. Milwaukee has always been the most reliable for me in terms of power and battery life.

Generally I just use power tools at work, and they are the companies as opposed to my own, so I can't comment on pricing really; my opinion is based on performance only. But when I do buy my own set, it will almost certainly be Milwaukee.

I prefer DeWalt or Bosch. I have some of both. I voted DeWalt because I have the small 6" circular saw. That little thing is a beast for its size and the fact that it's battery powered. I also have some Hilti tools and must say that they are great when they are new. Their batteries leave a lot to be desired though. The newer Hilti batteries are a great improvement over the older ones. Their cordless hammer drill is probably the best one on the market right now. It will do about anything a standard electric hammer drill of comparable size will do.

I know this is a different topic, but as far as powder actuated fastening tools go, there is no substitute for Hilti. The same goes for larger sized rotary hammers.

My girlfriends brother has his own dock/bulk head business and he uses the Ryobi set. I always thought they were cheap but his are tough as shit.

Ive seen him take lug nuts off vehicles.

He has an awesome paint sprayer.

All sorts of other shit that runs off the same 18v battery.

Made me a believer in Ryobi.

You had me confused. Wireless refers to communications usually (eg. wireless modem). You mean cordless.

And TS it's cordless not fucking wireless

Being an internet gimmick is strenuous work, you've got to expect that mistakes will happen.

Milwaukee has always been there for me, but I'll have to check out this Hilti thing, I'm no expert.

Being an internet gimmick is strenuous work, you've got to expect that mistakes will happen.

Milwaukee has always been there for me, but I'll have to check out this Hilti thing, I'm no expert.

Yeah. I was so caught up with pretending I hunt, that I'm female, that I make mead, that I follow women's rights sites, etc etc, that I forgot that saying wireless would blow my cover. Silly me.

Interesting watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKcbCszkNY

Woman is doing renovations on her home, speaking at a men's rights conference... Must be a gimmick, eh?

I maintain: I see no wires. Therefore, wireless. Half of you can't tell you're from your and you're bitching about "wireless" vs "cordless" for power tools.

Yeah. I was so caught up with pretending I hunt, that I'm female, that I make mead, that I follow women's rights sites, etc etc, that I forgot that saying wireless would blow my cover. Silly me.

I maintain: I see no wires. Therefore, wireless.

Just because you make sandwiches for the guys on a job site doesn't mean you anything about tools, a butter knife is not a tool.

On corded tool you do not see any wires either, you see a cord.

No man has ever asked another man to borrow/use a wireless drill.

Do you plug in your power tools using a extension cord or a extension wired?

Oye, fair enough. It's a pretty damned big deal being made out of a slight mixup in terms. What's more, I've heard men use the term "wireless" and *plenty* of men use the term "wire" as interchangeable with "cord." I think of you are just looking for an excuse to bitch about something. Then again, that's pretty much the modus operandi of the forum...

Back