Best wireless power tool brand?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MMAgirlie, May 24, 2014.

1. MMAgirlie

MMAgirlie Banned Banned

Just wondering where everyone weighs in on this. I'm in woodworking for employment and I wireless tools a lot. Personally, I'm a big fan of Milwaukee. Tend to be small, lots of power, tough as hell to break. UMost of my friends are DeWalt users and, in direct comparison, even their 20 volt circular saw chugs going through pieced of wood that my 18 volt Milwaukee flies through. Also, one day helping a buddy mix up concrete for a patio pad he was doing, we mixed about two dozen bags of quickrete using our drills, a dozen each. Some dust got in the gears and whatnot and, a year later, my drill is still working great - his didn't start the next day. The drills are awesome, my multi-tool is just about the coolest tool ever, and the reciprocating saw even cuts through nasty old iron pipe with the blade.

My general imrpession is... DeWalt is mediocre, prolific, and cheap. Milwaukee is awesome, durable, but a bit heavy, but great price for how tough the tools are. Makita is the king of form factor - small and powerful. Bosch is the priciest, but the best good in almost every single area. I have no idea how Ridgid and Ryobi are.

So, tool users - what's your preference for wireless? I'm an M18 gal, and the red lighting bolt is with me on every job.

2. 22k

22k ベルセルク

TS is going to make a DIY motorized dildo after gathering enough information.

3. Noob

Noob ............ Banned

Working with power tools isnt very ladylike

4. MMAgirlie

MMAgirlie Banned Banned

Multitool already has a head for that.

5. WorldofWarcraft

WorldofWarcraft Holy Paladin Banned

6. Armbars

Armbars Beast Mode

Makita

Elu

7. MMAgirlie

MMAgirlie Banned Banned

Neither is shooting and gutting animals, but, there it is.

For the people who do respond, could you give some reasons? I'm curious. Though I'm pretty well locked in by having the m18 batteries, but I'd like to know the reasoning. I see a Makita in there - how's the power in those wee little tools?

8. MMAgirlie

MMAgirlie Banned Banned

What the hell is that thing?

9. Arrr Billy

Arrr Billy Blue Belt

I like dewalt myself...have owned some bosch cordless tools as well (impact driver, jigsaw) but for the premium bosch charges, in my mind they are not worth it. My feeling on anything makita is, they are complete and utter garbage. Ryobi is just garbage as well basically just low cost low quality tool.

Dewalt I think gives you the best quality to value in a cordless tool. There are more powerful tools and better built tools then dewalt but not better over all value imho.

10. WorldofWarcraft

WorldofWarcraft Holy Paladin Banned

Hilti is what the pros use

The best of the best, also the most expensive.

11. odog

odog A cat trapped in a dog's body

Hilti.

12. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

'Wireless' in the thread title threw me for a loop.

13. platfox

platfox Silver Belt

I like my Makita impact drill alot for the price, weight and size but I gotta go with Dewalt for durability and variety.

14. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

All the construction people I work with swear by Bosch or Makita for drills. I am sure Milwaukee and DeWalt make good reciprocating saws that are wireless.

15. TripLikeIDo

TripLikeIDo Green Belt

Hilti is what the pros want, but since they can't afford them, they use Makita, Dewalt, and sometimes Milwaukee.
    Dewalt cordless tools tend to be bulky and their impact drivers rattle apart. Makita is the most powerful for its size and they also tend to last longer. They were the first ones to put lights on their small drills. I remember thinking WTF until I was actually drilling in a dark corner and it came in handy.
    Milwaukee has recently moved near the top of the cordless tool market, but I've never owned any-just several of their corded tools (sawzall, several drills...) and they are top notch.
    Bosch makes great corded tools like their hammerdrills and jigsaws, but I never worked with anyone who used their cordless tools.
    Rigids have a good replacement deal on their batteries and their tools tend to be powered well for the cost. However, I've had to take them up on their battery replacement many times.
    Ryobi is entry level stuff that you should stay away from.

16. Kanster

Kanster Guest

Went with DeWalt, I don't have anything wireless from them. I do however own a DeWalt Angle Grinder and that shit is quality. I cut through the inside of a car door, it was nice and smooth. Tried it with a SKIL grinder, that shit died out on me.

17. Nooby Doo

Nooby Doo Orange Belt

I have a makita. It works for all the odd jobs I have around the house.

I really don't have much experience with any of the other brands.

18. Kyle1991

Kyle1991 Banned Banned

I use 18 volt dewalts and everything is durable and works well, as far as a circular saw, there isn't a cordless one that is worth a crap. I use these tools all day everyday in my occupation and dewalt is the best I've found. Everyone seems to be gravitating towars the brushless stuff but it isn't as good in my opinion

19. raiDerS1

raiDerS1 Banned Banned

The new Milwaukee fuel series is tits.

And TS it's cordless not fucking wireless

20. Heisenberg

Heisenberg tread lightly

I had a dewalt drill and it got stolen. I replaced it with Milwaukee. Batteries didnt last a year so I swore I would never buy Milwaukee again. That was in 2001. I bought a dewalt 6 pack 18 volt. I put that thing through the harshest environments with no issues. I was drilling through a beam last month with a 2-9/16" forstner bit and it caught a nail. The drill snapped in half. It was my fault for not walking to the truck and getting my 1/2" corded drill motor. Still worked but snapped in half. That thing was like bishop in aliens.

I decided not to invest anymore into the 18 volt line of tools. I just sold those and upgraded to the 20v lithiums. That was quite a jump seeing as I have almost every 18v tool they make. So far, I really like them.

Like I told my apprentice, dewalt and Milwaukee are the chevy and ford of brands. People like what they like.