best white fighter?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by whatdahieu, Mar 26, 2008.

1. whatdahieu

whatdahieu Banned Banned

who do you think is the best Caucasian fighter right now?

yeah i know this is going to come off as a racist thread but seriously, when i fought i remember boxing two white guys and everyone else was black or Hispanic and i was definitely the only Asian, well in TX anyways

and then i went to ringside nationals and i saw what like 20 white guys and hundreds of blacks and Hispanics and like a Filipino dude but that was it.

i mean i think its awesome i'm seeing more white boxers out there, and thats why in part alot of my white friends have turned to mma, to see white people kick ass, mma is loaded with white people, dont' tell me race has nothing to do with it

but as they're seeing more white guys in boxing kick ass they're coming out in droves to see pavlik or hatton, i know i go to sports bars to see these fights

in a bar that has wall to wall guest and in instances where there was only standing room only i remember, the fight with wall to wall white people was hatton/tsyzu, the most racially divided fight was mayweather hatton and the fight most devoid of whites was morales/barrera, race has got alot to do with who you like

you can't name me too many Filipino fans before pac-man

as popular as boxing is i think everyone can agree that for long stretches there were only blacks and hispanics at the elite level, i mean think about it, you had who at heavyweight before the former soviets came here? what cooney? what about before him? jerry quarry? and before him Ingemar Johansen? and cooney/ quarry were never champs and Johansen was a champ with a haymaker hail mary punch

what about your middleweights? before pavlik what white guy was on the elite level? alan minter? vito?

sure you have had McCullough, tsyzu, spadafora, gatti and ward through this past decade but only tsyzu was ever considered pound for pound top 10, yeah i know they've all had belts except ward but i'm talking elite level

and i'm missing probably a whole bunch of good white fighters but i want to know who is the best elite level white fighter out there?

2. Happy Boy

Happy Boy Silver Belt

Prob Joe Calzaghe, think he is the white can who can claim the highest place on any p4p ranking.

3. Absolut

Absolut Red Belt

marvin hagler

4. Rinksterk**

Rinksterk** Banned Banned

I agree. I think Calzaghe is the most accomplished white dude right now I can think of.

TS, there were tons of great white boxers. Marciano, Lamotta, Galento, Mancini, etc. Ain't you heard of these dudes? If race plays a large part in which fighter you like, then you probably don't know much about boxing, or you need to stop limiting yourself and be more openminded.

5. BobbyBrez

BobbyBrez Brown Belt

That MW champion guy.

6. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

He said white, not oriental.

The correct answer is Peter MacNeely's brother Snubby.

7. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

Pavlik or Calzaghe

8. whatdahieu

whatdahieu Banned Banned

i'm referring to modern era, yes i have, i am a big boxing enthusist actually, i thought that the modern era was implied but i guess i wasn't absolute in what i had to say

i am just mentioning it because i had asked this question on another site and they said i was racist or some shit like that

race doesn't play a big part in who i go for but it does for most people and the general public, thats what helps mma, notice how many white people really started to get into mma when there was a shit load of white guys kicking ass?

i mean don't get me wrong the whole mma aspect of "total fighting" or closet to real or whatever has great appeal but race plays a big component in it

lets not forget the cooney/holmes fight that was promoted on race, that was the biggest fight of their careers and the most watched globally

i know more about boxing than most, i've been following it for half of my life and know alot of older fighters and the older eras too but i'm stating today

there is also an immense double standard, i mean shit pavlik beat the hell out of taylor in the first one and the second one well i thought it was a draw but regardless it got very little press and play, because most media outlets did not want to put out a white guy knocking out a black guy because it might seem racist

i mean shit hopkins got all kinds of play from espn when he proclaimed "i'll never lose to a white boy", well what the hell if calzaghe says "i'll never lose to a black boy"
    its a double standard all the way around

and i'm just glad to see whites in boxing again and on that elite level again, its been a long ass time, these white boys need to stop with turning to baseball, football and skating or whatever else appeals concurrently to suburban and middle/upper class white america and get back to the graziano/zale days

we've had some good white on white fights calzaghe/kessler was the first superfight between two whites i've seen in recent times, to a little lesser extent tsyzu/hatton and a great spectator but not near caliber was the gatti/ward

but other than that where did all the white boys go?

i'm glad whites are climbing back into the ring and preforming on that level because as whites climb back in big numbers in the ring, more whites will go to the sports bars, whites will go the boxing matches

don't get me wrong whites are fans of other races, like i can't see but not the casual fan, race helps convert casual fans and draw them to become real fans

btw, i'm not white and i don't have very man white friends either but just a case in point and no i don't want to be white or wish i was

9. ssx

ssx Brown Belt

Calzaghe
    Pavlik
    Kessler
    Wlad
    Hatton

10. Hammer Time

Hammer Time Brown Belt

julio cesar chavez Jr

11. Hammer Time

Hammer Time Brown Belt

calzaghe
    pavlik
    wlad

12. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Management vs Labour

Oscar De La Hoya

13. BootyDaddy

BootyDaddy Big Bad

Sugar Jackson

14. Coster

Coster Blue Belt

Strange question but Calzaghe would have to be the highest up on the P4P list

15. Hofmeyr

Hofmeyr Banned Banned

lol
    Best at what, exactly? Threadstarter said fighter.

16. jitsnwhiskey

jitsnwhiskey Guest

klitchko brothers, rocky balboa, calzaghe

17. BamBam0099

BamBam0099 Green Belt

God I hate this black-white-latino-whatever crap...

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." ... Martin Luther King

18. Kid McCoy

Kid McCoy Black Belt

19. DAZEDJELLYLEGS2

DAZEDJELLYLEGS2 Purple Belt

Dude, its a reasonable question with absolutely no racist conotations whatsoever.

Calzaghe and Pavlik.

20. DAZEDJELLYLEGS2

DAZEDJELLYLEGS2 Purple Belt