Best WEC fights?

TonyK

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I would like to get into some WEC and watch good fights that I didn't see yet, so I ask you guys to educate me - what were some of the WEC fights (especially striking fights) that you liked most?

Aldo s WEC fights were unbelievable,also Torres had good fights if you havent see them

Cerrone/Henderson 1
Torres/Mizugaki
Henderson/Pettis
Garcia/Jung of course

Cerrone/Ratcliff is underrated too

Garcia vs Jung 1 instantly comes to mind

Edit: Also, I became a huge Carlos Condit fan in his WEC days

The whole thing was pretty spectacular.

Most underrated promotion ever.

Cub Swanson vs Mackens Semerzier

Miguel Torres vs Yoshihiro Maeda

KZ vs Garcia

Mark Hominick vs Yves Jabouin

Carlos Condit vs Hiromitsu Miura

Pretty much all of Miguel Torres' and Aldo's fights were great. Mike Brown vs Urijah 1 and 2 were also spectacular fights.

There are so many amazing WEC fights. Many I haven't even watched.

Lamas vs Jansen was fantastic

Cruz vs Benavidez 1 was Cruz' coming out party.

Pettis vs Roller and Pettis vs Bendo were both fantastic

all of Cerrone's fights were great.

To add to the great list people have already mentioned Cruz vs Bowles and Cruz vs Jorgensen are great fights that show more of his potential than his UFC fights. Completely out classes them. His fights with benavides are closer but still great fights and even his first fight with Uriah. Actually watch the fight as a whole instead of just focusing on the finish and you could tell he'd be something special. Totally unknown and untested brought in to fight Uriah since he cleared everyone else out and as short as the fight is he out strikes Uriah and gets a couple takedowns before being finished with a brutal one armed guillotine. People who say Cruz is boring never watched his wec fights. Really exciting fights.

The entire WEC 12 card.

Best card in all of MMA.

So many awesome fights, all featuring either good established stars or excellent up and comers.

aldo_gif_swanson_1-8e62a2b5-original.gif

Olaf Alfonso vs. John Polakowski 1 & 2, both are brawls on the level of Zombie-Garcia, maybe even better.

Also anything with Bendo, Cerrone and Pettis in.

Last edited:
To add to the great list people have already mentioned Cruz vs Bowles and Cruz vs Jorgensen are great fights that show more of his potential than his UFC fights. Completely out classes them. His fights with benavides are closer but still great fights and even his first fight with Uriah. Actually watch the fight as a whole instead of just focusing on the finish and you could tell he'd be something special. Totally unknown and untested brought in to fight Uriah since he cleared everyone else out and as short as the fight is he out strikes Uriah and gets a couple takedowns before being finished with a brutal one armed guillotine. People who say Cruz is boring never watched his wec fights. Really exciting fights.
cruz' first fight with benavidez was the most one sided fight cruz has had in ages.

Mackens Semerzier vs everybody.
Miguel Torres vs everybody.
Donald Cerrone vs everybody.
Urijah Faber vs everybody.

Best card was 34.

Torres and Condits fights were amazing. I don't think you could go wrong though no matter what WEC event you picked.

Back