Best way to submit a wrestler

M

mmamichael13**

I need to know the most effective techniques to submit a wrestler. I know he will take me down but what would be the most effective submission to transition into after the takedown, i am just starting out in mma so if you have any experience in this let me know, thanks:icon_chee

None. We pwn too much.

I did laugh.

to answer I would say it would depend on the wrestler and the takedown. If it was a brand new wrestler not familiar with MMA I'd say he would be open to a guillotine. If he likes single legs a Flying (see falling) triangle would be an option. For a double leg try a guillotine or kimura, but again it depends on the wreslter.

If he was clueless about BJJ, I might think RNC. But that's only because in wrestling, you are penalized less for giving up you back than you are for having your back exposed to the mat.

But they have good switches and reversals, so it won't be easy getting to his back after he takes you down. If he's seen any BJJ, he'll likely just pin you like a dead butterfly and try to wear you out from top position.

Train to improve and the taps will come.

guillotine seems to work the best. Works for me almost every time.

we had a wrestler who's been doing it for 12 years I took his back so quick and choked him out.but it seemed he just gave his back then went for my legs around his waist so it opened up the choke.

armdrag to back from guard and RNC, definately a RNC or guillotine.

I would think armbar or kimura from guard. If he likes to put his forearm in your throat while in your guard you could apply the armtriangle and either try and finish him in your guard or sweep him and finish him from sidemount.

^-- lots of wrestlers are susceptible to the leg and knee locks, heel hooks are nasty, and might really hurt the guy, but they are effective

see Mir vs Lesnar though it was a knee bar -.-'

guillitine and darce chokes work well for me when they shoot for the single or double leg takedown.

guillotine seems to work the best. Works for me almost every time.

This is true. Over aggressive wrestlers get caught in this a lot. I've also had success with the triangle. They're not use to the "two in or two out" rule.

Use BJJ, wrestlers do so many things to leave themselves open for submissions. Guillotines, leaving their back open, ankle locks and kneebars, triangles, etc. All you have to do is not wrestle with them and not try to outscramble/outposition them (from a wrestling standpoint), and you'll be fine.

Counter double-leg w/ guillotine, if their posture is off.

Counter single-leg w/ rolling omoplata.

the couple of wrestlers i've rolled with have been fairly susceptible to triangles.

Back