Best Way to Kill Ants?

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
For the past few weeks, I've been having a serious problem with ants in my home. I wanted to know what was the best way to get rid of these pests, so I did a little bit of research and noticed liquid baits seem to be the most effective. I bought a bottle of Terro Ant Killer and placed drops outside where the ant nest seems to be. The first day I put the drops, the ants swarmed it pretty quickly. The next day I still see ants, but as many, so I placed more drops. The ants didn't seem as receptive to it as day 1, but some ants still started eating the stuff. Now it's day 3, and there are still ants. I've heard stories of this bait getting rid of ants in just a day! Is Terro overrated, or am I being too impatient? Any suggestions on how to deal with ant nests?

64o6mp.jpg

Last edited:
I got something like this from one of those dollar stores.
Worked well.

144250L.jpg

You gotta throw a party and invite all the ants in your neighborhood.

Last edited:
Take a small saucer, mix 2:1 ratio of honey and borax. It helps mixing if you warm the honey up prior. Place it at the base of a wall, allowing the ants full access. They will swarm on it and bring all that delicious honey back to their queen.

You're gonna need a whole herd (flock? murder? pack?) of these guys.
907c348bf43a82e8e52b69bb22f018ba.jpg

YOU DONT KILL ANTS O:< they r just precious bbys trying live they lil lives ):

leave sugary stuff and food and shit all over your benches, they will eat till they cant eat no more and move on, only humane thing to do

Burn a couple and leave their bodies. The rest won’t come back to that spot

Find the mound and frac it.

I had a problem with those damn crazy ants when they first started showing up everywhere.

They would move conventional ant poison (ortho etc) and stack that shit up away from the mound opening.

So I started trying gas and all kinds of shot. New openings would just pop up a few feet away.

Their underground nests are huge so

I got a grounding rod from the garage and shoved it down into the ground as far as I could and hammered it down some more(about 3’)

Took a 1/2” pipe from hardware store and capped one end, drilled some holes from the bottom up to about 2’

Put a valve and fitting on the end and shoved it into the pilot hole I made all the way to the bottom, hooked to air compressor and hit it.

This opened up fractures all through thier shit.

Then filled the pipe with liquid poison , put the air hose back on and injected that shit into thier layer.

Mother fackers were no more.

That was two years ago, starting to see a few ants outside again here and there. Gonna have to find the mound and do it again.

Maybe I’ll video it this time.

Thats one thing I hate about summertime is the ants

A few weeks ago I was eating late at night and accidentally dropped a little tiny piece of food on the kitchen floor the next morning I wake up and there had to be a thousand ants swarming that piece of food.

Clean your goddamn house you filthy savage.

If your house wasn't such a grubby hole they'd leave you alone and go hassle someone else.

Stop being a dirty slob and they won't have reason to visit you, dawg.
<{outtahere}>

I feel your frustration bro. That terro liquid shit did not work for me at all. So I did a perimeter check and found two bushes nearby that were a source of their nest. Cleaned that area up sprayed it down with ant raid

and did a perimeter spray with this
022150004_0.jpg

mainly around the outside of the home but also inside where's there's heavy traffic of food/crumbs. Stay persistent, especially with little bits of sweet crumbs (I have a 5yo). Been about a month now and no infestation. I've noticed only a couple of recon ants here and there but not nearly the level of a goddamn swarm, after a piece of crumb, like before. Good luck, bro!

For the past few weeks, I've been having a serious problem with ants in my home. I wanted to know what was the best way to get rid of these pests, so I did a little bit of research and noticed liquid baits seem to be the most effective. I bought a bottle of Terro Ant Killer and placed drops outside where the ant nest seems to be. The first day I put the drops, the ants swarmed it pretty quickly. The next day I still see ants, but as many, so I placed more drops. The ants didn't seem as receptive to it as day 1, but some ants still starting eating the stuff. Now it's day 3, and there are still ants. I've heard stories of this bait getting rid of ants in just a day! Is Terro overrated, or am I being too impatient? Any suggestions on how to deal with ant nests?

64o6mp.jpg
Ok, so first you get some coconut oil and rosemary buds...

But really, not sure where you're from. In Home Depot, they have these ant things. They're orange, small cylinder things. Not expensive at all. The ants go in there, take the stuff as if it were food, then they stop breeding and die. If you live in a first world location which has Home Depots, I highly reccomend you try this to get rid of the problem. (That's not to say you couldn't do something else like a spray to make a big difference right now - but the orange stuff should get rid of the actual infestation).

Find the mound and frac it.

I had a problem with those damn crazy ants when they first started showing up everywhere.

They would move conventional ant poison (ortho etc) and stack that shit up away from the mound opening.

So I started trying gas and all kinds of shot. New openings would just pop up a few feet away.

Their underground nests are huge so

I got a grounding rod from the garage and shoved it down into the ground as far as I could and hammered it down some more(about 3’)

Took a 1/2” pipe from hardware store and capped one end, drilled some holes from the bottom up to about 2’

Put a valve and fitting on the end and shoved it into the pilot hole I made all the way to the bottom, hooked to air compressor and hit it.

This opened up fractures all through thier shit.

Then filled the pipe with liquid poison , put the air hose back on and injected that shit into thier layer.

Mother fackers were no more.

That was two years ago, starting to see a few ants outside again here and there. Gonna have to find the mound and do it again.

Maybe I’ll video it this time.

<{MindBrown}>

Back