Best way to gain weight???

Tiger

Random Poster
@Green
Reaction score
I need info on how to gain weight and eating much is an option i already tried so i need help im 6 feet tall and 159bls and i need some weight cause i look a bit skinny even with my muscles(not that big).Im 18 years old i appreciate any help :wink:

oh and i dont want supplements and stuff just normal things

Tiger, search around this forum, the most commonly covered topics are:

Weight Loss
Weight Gain
Protein Powder (specifically Muscle Milk)
Creatine

LCDforMe said:
Eat a lot of food.

In the meantime, LCD is only being mildly tongue-in-cheek. The bottom line with weight gain is calories, so eat as much good food as you can (keep your diet low fat: 30% or less) and if you still don't gain weight eat all that food and take a weight gainer powder on top of it.

Bottom line is healthy calories and hard lifting for hypertrophy.

eat 5-6 times a day seriously and lots of milk and lift weights

Hey, I recently started a thread about this and am just about the same weight and height as you. I am a super hardgainer. I tried eating shitloads of chicken and tuna and been on a outstanding diet probably the last month and a half. No big differences at all even protein food loading with tons of greens, water, and grains. So I took muscle milk. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THIS TO GAIN. All it is is a protein shake with some good fat that u need to grow more muscle. This is just my observation on me. I have been working out for two years and have only seen definition. And that's with crazy ass workouts with good rest. With muscle milk you do get bigger. When I ate 5-6 healthy meals a day all i gained was a gut. So just try muscle milk it isn't one of those way out there products. I have only gained like 2 pounds so far but that is a lot for me to hop up. Need to gain more for sure still.

I personally would not screw around and get after it w/some weight gaining supplements. I am a hardgainer and have added about 12 lbs in the last 2 months. There is no secret to gaining weight. Eat big and lift big. Try to eat every 3 hours. BTW, if weight gain is what you are looking for, use the Cytogainer product as opposed to Muscle Milk.

Madmick said:
In the meantime, LCD is only being mildly tongue-in-cheek. The bottom line with weight gain is calories, so eat as much good food as you can (keep your diet low fat: 30% or less) and if you still don't gain weight eat all that food and take a weight gainer powder on top of it.

Bottom line is healthy calories and hard lifting for hypertrophy.

Oh yeah, if you don't see gains off this, you can increase the fat, but I wouldn't go above 40%, since that's likely to yield to great a fat/muscle ratio in your gains.

eat a lot of food... a LOT of food... and don't really exercise cardo... just do weight lifting (power lifting)... unless you want only muscle mass gained... then i would protien the heck out... and keep it up... always keep your stomach FULL.. eat huge meals... before and after sleep.... all trhough the day.... stuff your freaking face

id personally say that cardio is more important than gaining some weight so id keep up with cardio even though youll have to eat more to make up for the calories being burned.

Eat good food like green vegetables that will actually regulate your thyroid functions. 18 year olds tend to have a really quick metabolism and eating salads and such will put on more calories then the empty calories given to you at mcdonalds. I know a lot of people that eat fast food every day to try and gain weight. Not only is that realyl dumb for future health but it also isnt helping them at all.

oh and you also will need a journal of what you have eaten and try to calculate calorie consumption/calories burned. Every day try and push yourself to eat more, itll be really hard at first because your stomach is screaming for a break but it will eventually expand and it wont be so hard to eat so much.

if you do start taking Creatine like Madmick suggest you will want to increase you intake of water probaly double. At least I did.

Back