Best way to buy PPVs online?

thisISjoel

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey sherdoggers, never bought a PPV online before (usually go to a buddies w/cable or a bar) but DC vs Jones has me willing to lay down my hard earned to watch in the comfort of my own home BUT with no cable I have to decide how I'm going to do it.

I have a mac laptop and apple tv so I imagine if I just go to ufc tv and mirror my laptop screen that will work? I also have an android phone and chromecast so I can use the ufc tv app to buy it and cast it. I also have a PS4 with the live event viewer so that's an option too.

Can anyone with experience offer insight into which method will provide the best, highest quality viewing experience? Thanks!

I like the life Event Viewer although it's like 30 secs to a minute behind

I usually buy it on my Xbox and it's great quality and I assume Ps4 is the same app.

I would recommend not buying it on your phone as when I did that the quality was horrible (iPad actually while on vacation)

The laptop streaming seems to be the simple way to do it though. As long as it mirrors the screen there should be no problem.

I've used both UFC.tv and Yahoo a couple times.

And not finding shit via Yahoo search. I don't know if they still offer it, but one could actually purchase the PPV and watch it with zero issues.

Can't you just buy it on your apple TV? I thought UFC has an app on there now.

Can't you just buy it on your apple TV? I thought UFC has an app on there now.

Not sure that I can, my apple tv is jailbroken so I can use it as a media player so I haven't updated the os for a while.

Can anyone comment on the quality of HD vs SD through the ufc tv site? My internet isn't the fastest and my TV is only 1080i/720p so I was thinking I might save the $10 and go SD but if the quality is horrible it won't be worth it.

I use to always get the SD on my old TV because it wasn't HD. Seemed fine.

Then I got a new TV and started to watch the PPVs in HD all the time.

Accidentally ordered one in SD and it looked terrible.

Back